Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Relay G10 - 15 min use then dead...

FTLOSM

I bought this Relay G10 new in 2017, used it for a few months never an issue usually an hour or more at a time, we had our basement finished so most of my stuff went into storage, and yes things got delayed and whatnot so it sat in a tote here for a while, last weekend my room was finally done plugged in the G10 let it charge up for almost 2 days full green solid light, but when I went to use it I got about 15 mins total before it flashed red and stopped working.

I plugged it back in figured a few cycles of use and recharge might help, but so far after a few days of doing that no luck,  yesterday I updated the firmware to the transmitter and base pretty straight forward process, plugged back in let it sit overnight and today another 15 mins or so and it's flashing red.

Pretty frustrated, wondered if anyone had a suggestion or idea what else i can do to get it working longer?

Bill

Sounds as though the battery over-drained over the course of years. The charging cycles left are minimal so you have two choices, change the battery or get a new G10. I would try the first idea and see what happens. 

Looking at mine it appears to be a sealed unit so you may have to do some gluing(?), long term though I'd just buy another unit.
I highly doubt Line 6 sells just the transmitters but you can always ask. They may even have another idea?

• 1 month later...

Contact Line 6 support via raising a support ticket - I'm fairly sure they will replace your G10T .  They are very aware of problems arising from the latest firmware upgrade - mine was perfect, used regularly, and I upgraded to latest version a week or two back due to the overheating warnings.  Mine ended up the same as yours and Line 6 are replacing it (UPS picked old G10T today in fact).

The overheating problem means that the charging cycle is now reduced so the G10T holds less charge and therefore will not last as long. New units should still give 5-6 hrs according to Line 6 support, but not the previous 8 hrs.  However, there have been complaints that even replacement units have only lasted 2-3 hrs.  I'll see how my replacement does.  There is a new G10TII coming (sneak pics have been found with a new Pod Go wireless version) and best understanding is that this seems a bit bigger and may have a longer usage before recharging. 

It's not particularly ideal, and it means that the new G10T or post firmware upgrade G10T is now not as advertised when customers bought it.  There are a lot of posts on this here and on-line on other boards.  I really wish I hadn't upgraded the firmware in mine as it was performing perfectly and lasted 7-8hrs.  But what's done is done, and we are where we are.