Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Art ultrafoot with helix rack

headabovewater

I am old and stuck in my ways lol.  I love my art midi controller and im about to buy a helix.  Ive just started reading about the patch switching situation and that there is a gap.  Im will be using the helix in a live situation, so that gap cant be there.  I would like to make sure that my midi controller can control the snapshot feature, so i that i dont have a gap when switching at shows

13 hours ago, headabovewater said:

I am old and stuck in my ways lol.  I love my art midi controller and im about to buy a helix.  Ive just started reading about the patch switching situation and that there is a gap.  Im will be using the helix in a live situation, so that gap cant be there.  I would like to make sure that my midi controller can control the snapshot feature, so i that i dont have a gap when switching at shows

Well if you're buying the Helix floor, then there's really no need for a separate controller... you'll have plenty of switches at your disposal.

Wow, I had that X15 with an ART SGX2000, back in the mid '90, what a blast of machine! (damn, im old!)

IIRC, that controller has submode programming, but couldnt assign same CC to every switch, and then send a different MIDI value per switch. That's what you'd need for snapshots. Also, even if you'd find a way to recall the snapshots, you'd be unable to access another submode for the stomp mode.

Id go for the helix floor, or helix rack+helix controller.

6 hours ago, headabovewater said:

ok, that sucks that it wont work.  i dont have the money for a helixcontrol lol.  i do have a line 6 m13 that has midi out could i use that?

Nope. M13 has even more limits, as you can't generate a midi map to talk with the expected values from the Helix...You can just send CCs that are "hardcoded" to the M13 effects.

If you have an iPad or iPhone, you could create a cheap MIDI controller with Midi Designer Pro. You have to swap snapshots with hands, but would do the job.

This is mine (right side), that I did to control my rack, when I dont bring the control with me. (circles are footswitch, rectangles are snapshots)

B89-AB222-1460-4029-A130-803-CE97-C9475.