Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Stomp + HX Effects questions

MetalBatman

I own the Stomp and a Mission Helix Expression Pedal.

The Stomp has 6 usuable blocks. I have noticed when I purchase custom tones that often there are no fx and lots of EQ along the signal chain as well as other non-fx pedals. I find the tones can be considerably better if the 6 blocks are used for non-fx modules.

So I am thinking is it worth it to get a HX Effects and get the custom tones for the full Helix or Helix LT and then use software to read those files and recreate them between the Stomp and Effects or will I still run into problems? 

Would I be better off just getting a Helix LT even though I already spent money on the Stomp and Expression Pedal?

There's no doubt you'd be way better off with the LT rather than a combo of Stomp and FX.  Especially if you're hoping to use presets from Customtone.  It's not simply a matter of recreating a Customtone patch with a piece of software since getting them to work together consistently across two units would require setting up loops between the two and synchronizing the patches on both units.  This can be problematic since you can have different effects in different parts of a signal chain on an LT.  Not to mention the difference in stomp or snapshot assignments.

21 hours ago, lou-kash said:

Update HX Edit to v3, then Stomp firmware to v3.01, and you'll have two more blocks for free.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback so far.

That update is really going to help me out.

This advice and that update are great.

One day when I am better at playing I will consider getting more Helix products.

This is because Line 6 is doing it right.