Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Downloading HD packs? Do I need the lastest firmware?

joshbassdude

Just asking because I currently run Big Sur on a Macbook Pro. HD500X Edit works fine on it (I have the latest version 2.27) no problem but I can't yet update Line 6 Monkey. The License Manager also works fine and I have my HD500X registered online. I really want to download the Fully Loaded Bundle but is it worth hanging on until Line 6 update all software for Big Sur or not? 

You need to update your firmware. V1.32 is very old and does not support the HD packs. You probably also need to update the drivers and the POD HD Edit program. Download and install the latest version of Line 6 Monkey first. Then use it to download and install the latest versions of all other components. 

After purchasing the Fully Loaded  bundle you will need to download, install and run the Line 6 License Manager.

1 hour ago, joshbassdude said:

This doesn't quite answer my question. With the firmware I have now, could I download the Fully Loaded Bundle or not?

I don't know how much more simpler to make it. 

On 1/13/2021 at 12:05 PM, pianoguyy said:

You don't need "the latest" firmware. But you need one of the 3 latest. 

Packs begin with 2.6 

On 1/13/2021 at 11:39 AM, joshbassdude said:

Just asking because I currently run Big Sur on a Macbook Pro. HD500X Edit works fine on it (I have the latest version 2.27) no problem but I can't yet update Line 6 Monkey. The License Manager also works fine and I have my HD500X registered online. I really want to download the Fully Loaded Bundle but is it worth hanging on until Line 6 update all software for Big Sur or not? 

Since you can't install Monkey on your Macbook Pro I suggest using a PC (if available) just to install the Monkey and then the latest firmware in the device, after which you can go back to using the POD with your Macbook Pro to authorize the model packs and also use them via the editor.

PS.

If you have an outdated version of Monkey installed on your Macbook Pro but still working and recognizing your device and able to see the latest  2.62 firmware available you can still use it to install it into the POD. Monkey doesn't necessarily need to be the latest version if it is still fully working.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

Thought I'd give you an update - managed to use a usual Mac with Catalina (one before Big Sur I think?), downloaded Monkey and got the HD500X all updated. Even reinstalled the drivers and updated the USB firmware just in case, and of course the the Flash firmware!

I'll be downloading the Fully Loaded bundle soon, will let you know how I get on. Stay safe everyone and thanks for the tips!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! Got the HD pack just fine, turns out I still had to use the Mac with Catalina still to purchase and authorize the pack via License Manager, still worked. Thanks again for all your advice!

Got some custom tones here if anyone wants to download them;

https://line6.com/customtone/profile/joshbassdude