Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Hx impedance

dannytagg

I have found that running my electric guitar through return 1 at the start of my FX chain on the Helix HX Fx gives a better feel and overall tone especially when using drive sounds.  The feel and response is so much better  could this be related to impedance, The only drawback is it eliminates the tuner. 

20 hours ago, dannytagg said:

I have found that running my electric guitar through return 1 at the start of my FX chain on the Helix HX Fx gives a better feel and overall tone especially when using drive sounds.  The feel and response is so much better  could this be related to impedance, The only drawback is it eliminates the tuner. 

If the INPUTS and the RETURNS are set the same (both instrument, or both line) then the tones "should" not change. 

The only variables would be the return level if it is set to anything but 0, or split block settings at the beginning of your chain if you are using a parallel path.

Can you post a sample of the difference? Is it dramatic, or extremely subtle?