Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Microphone/ Presets and Zoom Lessons

Kidwags

Hi Everyone. As we all have been in lock down, I have been wanting to ZOOM my band mates. Does Helix Floor work well as an interface for Zoom video's? And if so, do I need to Add a Mic Block to All my presets in order to communicate with my mates? Can anyone point me in the right direction as to the proper connections to do this. I am using Studio One 4, Windows 10 laptop and Helix Floor connected to ZOOM. Will this work for teaching guitar lessons? Thank You for your time. Be safe 

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2021 at 5:05 AM, stillc said:

By far are you successful in Zoom classes? Wanna try the same thing for me friends 

Here is the link to a good guide on how to set up the Zoom video conferencing software to do online music lessons:

Complete Guide to Zoom Audio Settings for Music Teachers

In the above guide it is not specified how and which audio interface to set in Zoom, and therefore I will explain it below here for guitarists who use modelers:

It is possible to choose only one audio interface and since most multi-fx/modelers work also as audio interfaces, in the audio settings we simply choose the device connected to the USB we are currently using.

In the patch chosen for streaming used to process the guitar sound it is necessary for the voice to select/enable also the mic input whose signal must go into a separate dedicated clean path.

Good luck!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips