Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stomp "Touch" Behavior in Snapshot Mode???

soundog

When in Snapshot mode, can "touch" capacitance behavior be used to select Snapshots via touching foot switch 1, 2, or 3? I use the Stomp on desktop, so would like to use "touch" for selecting Snapshots. I can find no way to activate touch for Snapshot mode (other than the usual swap or copy Snapshots function).

Further, I'm not able to turn "touch" off for Snapshot mode, even though the manual says that, for Snapshots, "touch behavior for footswitches can be disabled using the Stomp Select option in”Global Settings > Footswitches” Even when turned off, the copy and swap Snapshots touch functions are still active.

I'm running firmware 3.01.

• 3 months later...
On 1/19/2021 at 2:24 AM, soundog said:

When in Snapshot mode, can "touch" capacitance behavior be used to select Snapshots via touching foot switch 1, 2, or 3? I use the Stomp on desktop, so would like to use "touch" for selecting Snapshots. I can find no way to activate touch for Snapshot mode (other than the usual swap or copy Snapshots function).

Further, I'm not able to turn "touch" off for Snapshot mode, even though the manual says that, for Snapshots, "touch behavior for footswitches can be disabled using the Stomp Select option in”Global Settings > Footswitches” Even when turned off, the copy and swap Snapshots touch functions are still active.

I'm running firmware 3.01.

I have EXACTLY the same problem, I want to have touch behaviour disabled because it's asking me to copy/swap snapshots on a light touch already and I never want to use that anyway.

Has anyone solved this issue yet?

• 3 weeks later...

It's been discussed here a lot.  There is no way to turn the capacitance off.  With swapping of snapshots, it's highly unlikely that you can do it during a gig, because you would need to acknowledge that you indeed want to swap snapshots.  The only other thing you need to be careful with is touching the tap tempo button -- it brings up global tempo settings, which is very dangerous.  The only thing you can do is to be careful or get plastic button toppers by Mooer, for example.  Or some off-brand clear plastic buttons.  I wound up taking them off, and just using the buttons.  The only other thing I use 2 Grolsch washers on up/down and Mode buttons, so that those buttons are extra-hard to press.