Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My POD HD500X Always Bootloop When I'm Using Reverb

IndoShredder

Anyone please help me, i really frustated about this case. 

When i'm using reverb on my HD500X it always restart and stuck in the bootloop, i've tried to update and rollback the firmware but it didn't help and always has the same result. I tried the global reset and the bootloop was cleared, the POD is working properly, but when i choose the reverb the problem occur again. I also tried other Original Power Supply Unit to my POD and it's not fixed the problem. The conclusion is i cannot use the reverb on my POD. 

I really appreciate for your help. 

• 3 weeks later...

That does sound bizarre! My first thought was to reapply the firmware, but it sounds like you have already done that.

When you say "choose the reverb", do you mean *any* of the reverb type effects, or only with one specific model?

Also - if you start with a completely clear "New Tone", perhaps after a firmware refresh, do you get the same problem? Reason I am asking this is I had seen some odd effects on my own unit where specific Tones were either corrupted or, perhaps, had been converted from an earlier HD unit so were not quite compatible with the 500x. I'm trying to establish whether you are adding reverb on existing tones or to a clean new one.

Also - do you always choose reverb as a first effect after a firmware refresh? I am wondering if the problem occurs when you select *any* effect type, e.g. Distortion, rather than being restricted to Reverb.

Otherwise... ummm... delay can sound quite like reverb... and you can make the amps round more roomy with the E.R. setting... I know these aren't fixes

It occurs to every type of reverb, whenever i use the reverb (every one of it) the boot loop occurs. 

When i choose a completely new tone it's totally okay and nothing happened, just when i choose the reverb then the boot loop occurs. 

The boot loop doesn't happen to other kinds of effect (i.e Distortion, Comp, Modulation, Delay, etc). 

Bizarre! One thought might be that the Reverb models use part of the actual hardware that the other models do not, and that that part of the hardware is faulty. That is quite a stretch, though, as I'd guess all the models use the same DSPs and are just running different processing.

Is it under warranty? If so it might be worth getting a repair/replacement. I guessing not, though. :(

I suppose it is the same when you are editing on the device vs HD Edit?

@DolurumMafikala Every Pitch Shifts are ok, it's only reverb that malfunctioning, and you're right, it's the same when i'm using the HD Edit either. It really give me terrible headache. The warranty was expired, i've sent it to Line 6 Official Service Center (Which is under Yamaha management) but the problem still occured and i have to pay $129 more to repair it (i already pay $120 for the first repair and within 9 months it has the same problem again) i already familiar with the sound and the user interface so selling it is not my first choice, and the selling price is not good when the problem still exist. I'm feeling having the dead end with this device. :(

Ah... so it was "repaired" for the same problem 9 months ago? That makes me think

• There is a hardware problem with that unit
  • If it was repaired 9 months ago the repair may have a warranty on the actual repair work. If you can demonstrate that it is the very same fault that you paid to be repaired then the Service Center may be able to repair it again, or, preferably, replace whatever module is causing the issue without further cost. By comparison, if I pay to have a new clutch for my car at an authorized dealership, and the new clutch fails within a month, then the new clutch is faulty, even if the whole car is out of warranty. I would explore that with the service center.
  • If you like the 500x you might be able to buy a used one for the price of a repair.
  • I am suspicious of something like a broken solder joint, loose connector or something grounding that should not be. It is odd that only reverb is affected. If you have a friend with a soldering iron who knows how to use it they might have a look at the boards and connections for you. Did the service center say what they "fixed" last time?