Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

More issues HX Effects

gardner120

So not only can I not exit effect edit mode, now I discovered if I press bank up and down together to exit snapshot mode it goes to bank mode but they are flashing and scrolling through all the banks. I have to press mode button twice to get back to normal bank mode, then scroll all the way through the banks to get back to where I was. I have factory rest (all options) rolled back firmware to 2.92, factory reset, 3.0.1, and 3.0.2 with factory resets. No change in any issue. This really sucks as I just purchased this to use while my HX Stomp went back for broken USB port! Any ideas out there?

• 2 weeks later...

This is a confirmed bug. It only happens when you hold down the bank up and bank down footswitches together to scroll to the next function of those footswitches (you aren't actually changing modes as the OP says - you're just changing the function of those switches). If you change their function under Global Settings>Footswitches, this glitch won't happen.

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2021 at 2:22 AM, phil_m said:

This is a confirmed bug. It only happens when you hold down the bank up and bank down footswitches together to scroll to the next function of those footswitches (you aren't actually changing modes as the OP says - you're just changing the function of those switches). If you change their function under Global Settings>Footswitches, this glitch won't happen.

I have the same problem after update i 3.02 is there a solution to fix this bug ?

On 2/3/2021 at 2:22 AM, phil_m said:

I tried it with any of the possible settings but it doesn't work. The glitch is still present after holding bank up/down together and landing in "bank"-mode.

And it's not only changing the "function of the switches" - whatever this should say:
If you set the unit to "preset", "snapshot" or even "bank" in the menu, go back to the interface and then hold up/down-buttons until you land in another mode, you will find exactly that setting (last one used) in your menu.

I opened a ticket today.

And here's another thread, same problem:

22 hours ago, Craspek said:

Thanks for you response, will they fix it ?

The answered, that:

"...until fixed, you could switch view in global settings instead:

Global Settings > Switches > Up/Down Switch".

So hopefully it'll be fixed.

1 hour ago, datacommando said:

That is exactly what “phil_m” suggested about a week back, when he also said - “This is a confirmed bug”.

I see, but...:

On 2/9/2021 at 11:52 AM, eswart said:

I tried it with any of the possible settings but it doesn't work. The glitch is still present after holding bank up/down together and landing in "bank"-mode.

And it's not only changing the "function of the switches" - whatever this should say:
If you set the unit to "preset", "snapshot" or even "bank" in the menu, go back to the interface and then hold up/down-buttons until you land in another mode, you will find exactly that setting (last one used) in your menu.

So let's hope for a fix.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 4:52 AM, eswart said:

I opened a ticket today.

And here's another thread, same problem:

The workaround is changing the function of the footswitches in the global settings menu under Global Settings>Up/Dn Swtch. If you select Bank there, they will behave normally.

Changing the function of the these footswitches doesn’t change modes. It just changes, well, just the function of the footswitches. If you actually want to get into Snapshot Mode, you hit the Tap and Mode footswitches together. The bug is just with this particular shortcut. The HX Effects has three main modes - stomp, preset, and snapshot. You toggle between stomp and preset using the Mode footswitch. You get into snapshot mode as I mentioned above. If you change these footswitches to Snapshot Up/Down, you aren’t in snapshot mode. You’re in whatever mode you  were in, but you’re just able to advance to the next or previous snapshot. I’m just trying to clarify the terminology so there’s less confusion around the issue.

But, anyway, it’s a known bug, and should be taken care of with the next firmware update.