Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powercab Signal LED Level indicator to show up in PowerCab Edit

Hey_Joe

In my opinion it would be a good thing to have the Powercab Level indicator show up in PowerCab Edit.
This would be very helpful (at least to me) when dialing in a preset to see the  GREEN  and  YELLOW  colored LED and see if and when it clips into  RED  from my listening distance (computer to amp placement in the room).
Another good thing about this would be, to be able to see the difference between the  GREEN  to  YELLOW  signal LEDs. I don't know about you, but on the amp, I have trouble discerning the difference between the GREEN and YELLOW LED (BTW - I am not color blind).
Is this doable or is it like the reason L6 can't get a read out code for the tuner written for HX Edit? As I recall the old POD EDIT program (not Gearbox) had a tuner in the GUI - it was doable then.

Wrong forum. This is where you go if you're serious about suggestions for changes and improvements:

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/index

Before posting a new idea, please search to see if it's already been proposed. If 100 people vote on the same idea presented 20 different ways, it looks like only 5 people care about it!

Also, post your ideas one at a time. I for one NEVER vote for multple combined suggestions.

FWIW - I'd vote for that!

I know how Ideascale works.

I searched there before posting here.

I'm just asking if any of the IT PC forum people here think it is doable from what they know about L6 coding. Many here have opinions based on such knowledge.

If the idea gathers any momentum here, I'll post over there. If it would be too much trouble for Line6 and nobody cares here - fug it.

That's all.

rd2rk - you're a very helpful forum member here, so, glad you would vote for it.

Hi

I vote for it too. Have the same problem, have the PC+ behind me and don't see the LED at all if tilted with the "PC-tilt legs". I have placed the PC+ on a stand and have tilted just a little bit by lifting the front feet. That's enough to "hide" the LED. So an indicator in PC Edit would be welcome.  Actually more important than the tuner in HX Edit as that tunder is right at your feet...  

987533464_TiltedPeowercab-2.thumb.jpg.c404380ca8f19bc9b20a9d8ad111203c.jpg

Give us a link to your proposal and I vote for it. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2021 at 7:28 PM, Hey_Joe said:
In my opinion it would be a good thing to have the Powercab Level indicator show up in PowerCab Edit.
This would be very helpful (at least to me) when dialing in a preset to see the  GREEN  and  YELLOW  colored LED and see if and when it clips into  RED  from my listening distance (computer to amp placement in the room).
Another good thing about this would be, to be able to see the difference between the  GREEN  to  YELLOW  signal LEDs. I don't know about you, but on the amp, I have trouble discerning the difference between the GREEN and YELLOW LED (BTW - I am not color blind).
Is this doable or is it like the reason L6 can't get a read out code for the tuner written for HX Edit? As I recall the old POD EDIT program (not Gearbox) had a tuner in the GUI - it was doable then.

I would actually find it even more helpful for this indicator to show up in HX Edit and best of all would be on the Helix itself although that might chew up some valuable DSP or memory.  PowerCab Edit would be helpful though if that is the only place feasible to make it happen.  Voted btw!