Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

All patches are offset by one, need a hand please.

vanderbilly

Hi,

I've search the forum and google for this issue but can't find anything about it. I updated my Helix floor to 3.01 and HXedit is running 3.01. Suddenly all my patches are offset by one location. For example patch 13C has the actual patch settings and sounds for 13D. 11B plays the sounds of 11C, etc..   All my patches on factory 1 and factory 2 are all offset by one (down) location on Helix. This started after I updated to 3.01 and I've been unable to find the issue. Has anyone else seen this or have an idea what might be causing it and how to resolve?  Of course I've reset my Helix several times such as holding down (5+6), (7+8), (9+10) and restarting, to no avail. 

Thanks for looking.     

3 hours ago, pierpatrip said:

It seems to me not all factory patches... certainly from factory 2 For the love of steve

Sorry I don't entirely understand your reply. Is this happening to you too but only on the "For the love of steve" patch (which I am familiar with). 

Well, allmost all patches from factory 1 list seem to me ok (many are named according to the amp they sample... I checked and they're ok). But in factory 2 list, things, at some point, became confused. And it becames clear to me from the above mentioned Vai preset (it doesn't sound at all like for the love of God, but patch after does). Then, patches names are enigmatic, we know... So i can't be more accurate. Another rockabilly patch (Stray cats or grease cats) shows the same problem. I don't think all parthes are offset, but they're probably offset from one starting into factory 2 list. 

I don't use factory preset, but i recently noticed this issue, although I didn't wrote about it. I was only trying to give one hand to vanderbilly. Vanderbilly said above he did several times a factory reset. So, if this issue can't be fixed with a factory reset, why do you start giving me this suggestion? 

Edited by pierpatrip
Typing errors

Thanks for the input so far and as I mentioned in my initial post, "I've reset my Helix several times such as holding down (5+6), (7+8), (9+10), etc.. and restarting, to no avail.". Maybe I'll call Line6 support for kicks and see what they say and report my findings, if any. I'm starting to miss the days of a simple pedal board that always worked. I love the Helix tones but this has been a handful for the few years I've owned it. Line6 had to replace the first 2 because they simply stopped working, now this one "works" but has dementia. L6 support has been great though.   

And I did my factory reset too... The offset patches start in Factory 2 list after Rhythm Sandman 08D (seems like Metallica's black album sound... or it tries to do its best, so it's ok) then09A glengarry lead ( i don't know how it should sound), then 09B parallel space (delay and reverbs... probably it's ok) BUT 09C 'Merican nights STARTS sounding as 09D 4D Love of Steve should.

In my humble opinion, this issue couldn't depend from software... maybe there is an error in the factory list itself after 3.01 upgrade

On 1/24/2021 at 2:46 PM, vanderbilly said:

Hi,

I've search the forum and google for this issue but can't find anything about it. I updated my Helix floor to 3.01 and HXedit is running 3.01. Suddenly all my patches are offset by one location. For example patch 13C has the actual patch settings and sounds for 13D. 11B plays the sounds of 11C, etc..   All my patches on factory 1 and factory 2 are all offset by one (down) location on Helix. This started after I updated to 3.01 and I've been unable to find the issue. Has anyone else seen this or have an idea what might be causing it and how to resolve?  Of course I've reset my Helix several times such as holding down (5+6), (7+8), (9+10) and restarting, to no avail. 

Thanks for looking.     

It seems you still have the alpha-numeric references so this probably is not the issue but just wanted to make sure you did not have the global settings Preferences --> 'Preset Numbering' = "000-127".

• Upvote 1