Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD 2.0 Factory Presets All Show as "Edited"

This just started happening. All of a sudden my trusty POD 2.0 shows "Edited" to the left of all my presets. I have never changed or edited a factory preset. I have tried doing a reset several time using the following procedure:

POD/POD 2.0/Bass POD/POD Pro: press and hold the up and down arrow buttons as you power the unit on for ~ 5-7 seconds or until it goes to the preset 1-A

But the presets still show up as Edited. They don't seem to sound right either which makes me think something got screwed up.

Any suggestions for resolving aside from buying a more up to date unit. I have always loved recording using the POD 2.0,

Thanks for your help.

Unwired

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted a support ticket. The tech indicated that it could be a faulty/misbehaving potentiometer. I have asked if I should try cleaning the pots with contact cleaner spray. Have done that many times on amps and guitars with "scratchy" pots. Will update thread once I hear back and if I am able to get it to stop doing this.

• 1 month later...

Just to complete this posting, I have tried cleaning the potentiometers with contact cleaner (De-Oxit) and there has been no change. So I must have a slightly faulty pot that is indicating it has been turned slightly causing the the "Edited" indicator to light up. I am convinced at this point that nothing serious is wrong with my POD. I borrowed a friend's unit and even switched out EEPROM chips just to see if something more serious had happened. Still had the "edited" indicator. So it is most likely just a wonky pot/

• 2 years later...
On 12/15/2023 at 8:11 PM, Trusso11783 said:

Same problem here. I rarely use my Bass Pod but now every patch shows EDITED for no reason. If there is no fix, I will not be buying another Line 6 Product in the future.

Isn’t the Bass POD like 20 years old?