Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Floor Hardware Device Version

Dean_Shoultz

Sorry for this rookie, pre-sales question:

I am considering buying a used Helix Floor and I'd like to understand how the versioning of the hardware device works. For example, if I find a used "Helix Floor' on Reverb.com, can I assume that they are all the same since the Helix Floor was originally released and that an older one  is as good as a newer one? The only difference would be the firmware, which can be upgraded on any unit? I'm just having a hard time understanding what is the latest version of the hardware. 

I know the idea of a hardware version is changing, and that you can buy once and benefit from future upgrades via firmware, impulse response packages, etc., but is that completely the case? I just don't want to purchase a legacy hardware device. 

Thanks.

7 hours ago, Dean_Shoultz said:

I know the idea of a hardware version is changing, and that you can buy once and benefit from future upgrades via firmware, impulse response packages, etc., but is that completely the case? I just don't want to purchase a legacy hardware device. 

On the Helix Floor, the HW has not changed.

On the LT there was a problem with the Exp Pedal on early units. If you get a bad one, they'll fix it under warranty regardless of whether or not you're the original owner. You MAY have to pay shipping, I'm not sure about that.

All devices in the Helix family can be updated to the current FW.