Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

"No device Connected" (so annoying!!)

Bongofish

Hi all.

So I've had my line 6 Pod Go for about 4 days now and liking it. However when I try and connect it to PODgo Edit all I get is "no device connected". Even though my computer happily picks it up as a sound card and I've already done 2 recordings with it using my DAW and all works fine. But it just won't connect to the Edit program!!!

I'm trying to use V1.11, I've uninstalled it about 10 times , downloaded the installer again and re installed it but everytime is still the same. I've tried every USB slot my computer has and makes no difference, I just don't get it. 

All drivers are installed and working perfectly, I'm using it as my permeant interface now, but I can not connect to pod edit! Which really will hinder my device in the future as I won't be able to do firmware updates or load IRs! 

Makes no sense that the computer finds it fine and it's being used as my audio interface and to record with! Using windows 10. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank You. 

Random guess, but it may be related to your DAW hogging the device.  If you turn off your DAW is it able to connect?  I'm using a Mac, so I can't tell you from direct experience, but I've add instances where it wouldn't connect if my DAW was running.  It wasn't consistent though.

• 2 months later...

I've mentioned elsewhere and on a Line 6 ticket that since v1.21 the connection is 'twitchy'.  I need to chase them on this as original reply not that helpful. 

Unplugging and reconnecting the usb cable when pod go is on can rectify sometimes ; other times I have to switch Pod Go off and on again. Also, I've had PG Edit disconnect when in use. 

Never had any problems in previous version.

Hi,

As I wrote above, had the problem all the time when first got my Pod Go. Edit kept giving me disconnection messages all the time after a few minutes. Now I have the PG plugged into an external powered  USB hub. Problem solved, no more disconnections.

Cheers.

Jay

• 5 months later...

Found a solution that fixed it for me. Go to PC USB setting and undo anything might disconnect or turn off its connection automatically during sleep mode. You should be able to go back and click on the "reconnect" button in Pod Go Edit to resume editing. 

I had the same problem. I was using the front USB ports on my tower PC but discovered that their power was less than the rear USB port.  Apparently this is very common, is not a fault, but has to do with how some PC's wire up the front USB's. The rear ports were already 'occupied' but as I needed some more easy access front USB ports anyway, I bought a 4 way USB hub for a few pounds, and connected it via a USB cable to the rear USB port so that I now have easy access to 6 ports. Pod Go Edit now works perfectly through the rear port via the hub.  

If you use a laptop, a mains powered hub should solve the problem for you.

• 4 weeks later...

For Windows user try this

USB DEVIEW RUN AS ADMIN and click right and uninstall device this tool uninstall the usb connection of the unit. You can click on connected colon to have all the NO connected device and uninstall them all, there is no problem with that , because when you plug again it install and reconnect

https://usbdeview.en.softonic.com/

Second is DEvice cleanup tool

Run as admin , you can select all the devices and remove them all

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/device_cleanup_tool.html

you can use the  2 tools together with any problem

restart PC and retry to connect your unit

4 hours ago, dimablaw said:

Ty. Both ways not worked for me. Device removed, pluhhed again and still not working. Driver reinstall not help.

Have you logged a ticket with Line 6 technical support? If not, strongly recommend you do so as they should be able to help resolve the problem.  

It certainly doesn't seem to be an issue with v1.30 per se as the vast majority of Pod Go users have updated with no issues.  I'd suggest there must be an issue with either your computer ( perhaps to do with your USB ports) and/ or the cable you are using.  (I think it unlikely theres an issue with Pod Go itself simply because you've had no problems with the unit itself).  Line 6 Technical Support should be able to help you identify the problem, and hopefully help you fix it.

On 10/26/2021 at 7:49 PM, dimablaw said:

Its look like erors starts after update to 1.30. It works ok before

Yup. I updated yesterday to 1.30. It worked just fine. Today, suddenly "device not connected". So annoying.

• 3 months later...
On 11/4/2021 at 8:49 AM, tonex said:

Yup. I updated yesterday to 1.30. It worked just fine. Today, suddenly "device not connected". So annoying.

Hey, did you get a solution for this issue? This is exactly what happened to me as well. POD GO edit was working fine until I updated the firmware to 1.30.  It is shwoing "device not connected". Any fix this this issue?

8 hours ago, lblpodgo said:

Hey, did you get a solution for this issue? This is exactly what happened to me as well. POD GO edit was working fine until I updated the firmware to 1.30.  It is shwoing "device not connected". Any fix this this issue?

They (Line 6 customer support) said that I should bring it to where I bought it and have them fix it. It's a waste of time because I don't have a backup to use, so now I just edit manually by turning the knobs.

Hi!

I had the same problem when I first got my PG and thought I'd solved it by using a powered usb hub. But I recently had the same problem again with all my computers.

I eventually got a good shielded usb cable.......no more problem.

So the conclusion is that the cable Line6 provide is pure crap. When getting such a product it is not acceptable.

Cheers.

Jay

5 hours ago, ceedjay said:

Hi!

I had the same problem when I first got my PG and thought I'd solved it by using a powered usb hub. But I recently had the same problem again with all my computers.

So the conclusion is that the cable Line6 provide is pure crap. When getting such a product it is not acceptable.

Cheers.

Jay

Bit unfair to say the usb cable is pure crap. Its a standard cable that works fine for the vast majority of users. Its only a small minority of users that are experiencing difficulties that are to do with signal strength, and that depends on the computer.  

But if a replacement higher quality usb cable fixes it, that's great. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have tried a shielded USB Cable and an active USB-HUB. Still I do just get the triangle, that there is something wrong with the device in the device manager. The worst thing about this is, that users who can not fix this problem are not even able to update the device again. I know that it is working on my home computer just fine, but I am out of home under the week and with my Laptop, it is not working.

It is really annoying to me, that I only can use POD Go edit on the weekends, because it is the best feature of the whole device.

On 2/11/2022 at 11:43 AM, ceedjay said:

Hi!

Cheers.

Jay

My original cable is a shielded high speed usb cable, that does not sound like crap to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Maybe I found a solution. You need to go to the line6 homepage, then to downloads, then choose the Pod Go wireless or just Pod Go (I think, it does not matter) and then drivers. Install the Line 6 Driver 2 on your computer. I have installed the USB ones first, but after that, I installed the other one and I think there were the USB ones listed as well. Maybe you already have tried that, but for me, it was the solution and now it is even working with just the cable.

Bought an active USB-hub today for nothing. Don't know, why line 6 has not suggested this after getting a ticket.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:14 PM, voxman55 said:

Bit unfair to say the usb cable is pure crap. Its a standard cable that works fine for the vast majority of users. Its only a small minority of users that are experiencing difficulties that are to do with signal strength, and that depends on the computer.  

But if a replacement higher quality usb cable fixes it, that's great. 

Hi,

Jad the problem with 4 different computer using the supplied cable. Did not work. Got a new quality shielded 4-meter cable......it works perfectly with the same 4 computers. Si, yes, the supplied cable is crap !

Cheers.

Jay

On 3/7/2022 at 11:24 PM, ceedjay said:

Hi,

Jad the problem with 4 different computer using the supplied cable. Did not work. Got a new quality shielded 4-meter cable......it works perfectly with the same 4 computers. Si, yes, the supplied cable is crap !

Cheers.

Jay

When did you buy yours? Maybe they changed the cable included. Could you make a photo of the text on the cable. I am just curious. Have attached the cable delivered with mine.

USB-Cable.png.53ae1b6f9e42f48d0c597f00892d3c71.png

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/20/2022 at 3:11 PM, DanGallant said:

Here is what I found.......You have to use the cable Line 6 supplies I tried a printer cable I use for my HX Effects and it did not work.I tried this numerous times.I tried the cable Line ^ supplies and it works...........Dont like that kind of control of a product.....

Shouldn’t really make a difference. I’ve used all sorts of USB cables with all of my Line 6 devices, and I’ve never had any issues.

I find the line 6 products are wonky.........so I know my computer works fine and I have issues with connections.I agree it should work with any printer cable but it didnt and could have caused a glitch which caused me to be totally locked out of the PodGo .So what am I supposed to know here as an end user......Im sure buyers dont expect to buy these products only to have to spend more time getting them going than playing with them....and yes I followed everything according to Line 6 direction.Now I have a second one and I am dealing with transmitter not charging .I did all of the recommended updates.....

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi guys°
im having the same issue here.
My Podgo was running perfectly, then Ive upgrade to the 2.0 version.
And after that I couldnt use the pod go edit again, its says "No device connected"
I can only use the pod go manual, and its fckin annoying!
Ive run a support ticket and they send me to take my pod go to service.

Ive also tried diferent cables, not working, diferent computers, also not working.. I dont know what else to do...
Gonna buy the usb hub and try but I dont know.. 

If you know another possible solution let me know!

Thnks

• 3 weeks later...