Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX stomp control center switching presets in snapshot mode

claudeu

On 1/26/2021 at 4:32 AM, Elephantstomp said:

You can define a specific preset.

And in this specific preset you can define one or all switches to return to your "snapshot-mode-preset".

I do it this way with commandcenter when I need a preset that contains a different block-chain.

In his OP, he wanted to use a SNAPSHOT mode button to go to Preset NEXT.

In his most recent post, he wants to use a SNAPSHOT mode button to go to a SPECIFIC Preset.

I don't see HOW to use a SNAPSHOT mode button (emphasis on "a SNAPSHOT mode button", singular, one press) to do either.

Do tell HOW you do it. Maybe attach a demo Preset?

When a Snapshot loads, it sends Instant Commands and any Toggling commands assigned to Stomp mode buttons.

Using Instant Commands, you can send a Program Change to an external device or SW, but I see no way that you can change presets WITHIN the HXS (using Instant Commands).

An alternative would be to set it to Scroll mode, which you would have fs1&2 to move up and down snapshots or presets, and having a free fs3 to either set as a global snapshot/preset changer or configure via command center to to do those functions instead.

Yes, yes, yes, yes, you can do this in SNAPSHOT mode! :-)

I am not at home at the moment, but I try to explain.

It´s super simple.

When you are in snapshot mode, just set within command center the command "preset" to any switch of choice and type in the preset number you wish to go to.

This switch turns red then. (All other switches in snapshot mode are blue). This looks so cool btw.

And don´t forget to save this snapshot mode preset before you switch the "red preset button" or this command settings are gone.

Try again!

If needed I send you my preset.

I use this since 3.0 and all my HX-Stomp-switching-dreams came true since then.

3 hours ago, Elephantstomp said:

I am not at home at the moment, but I try to explain.

It´s super simple.

When you are in snapshot mode, just set within command center the command "preset" to any switch of choice and type in the preset number you wish to go to.

This switch turns red then. (All other switches in snapshot mode are blue). This looks so cool btw.

And don´t forget to save this snapshot mode preset before you switch the "red preset button" or this command settings are gone.

Try again!

If needed I send you my preset.

I use this since 3.0 and all my HX-Stomp-switching-dreams came true since then.

Are you sure you are doing this from "Snapshot" mode and not "Scroll" mode set for snapshot browser? 

The reason I ask is because I tried to do this on Snapshot mode and it didn't work at all. I tried to set the function to the next preset and a specific preset number as well.

To me it makes sense for this not to work on the Snapshot mode as you would lose one of your Snapshot options by doing this, which kind of defeats the point of being on this mode to begin with. 

Doing this on the Scroll mode however seems more reasonable and quite easy to achieve, and probably one of the reason why it exists.

9 hours ago, Elephantstomp said:

No, No, No, that only works in STOMP mode!

Command Center doesn't CARE what Mode you're in.

There ISN'T a Mode in which all of the LEDs are BLUE!

The LEDs in Snapshot mode are OFF except for the ACTIVE Snapshot!

When you assign the FS to HX Preset>Next the LED DOES NOT TURN RED! The FS in the display will say PRESET. IN STOMP MODE!

FS commands are NOT activated by Snapshots except for certain CC and NOTE Toggling commands. NOT PRESET COMMANDS!

Ok, here we go.

1) Import the attached files to your stomp or whatever helix: "R-ACOUSTIC-S" (Preset 106) and "ACOUSTIC_12" (Preset 109)

(If you place the files to other preset numbers you have to change the preset numbers in command center)

2) Do this settings in command center for preset 106:

1825778655_settingspreset106.JPG.df006381586039f08c1b23e8ee666683.JPG

(If you don´t need to go back to preset 106 you can stop here, otherwise go on...)

3) Do this settings in command center for preset 109:

87419642_settingspreset109.JPG.eed8acfe44793eb6c99b0a9c5e5597de.JPG

On the display you see that I am in snapshotmode (camera signs visible) with blue led rings.

You also see the inserted "Preset-number-switch" with a red led ring.

582527760_displaypreset106.jpg.fb3227a804493f44fa5aa28ea0554623.jpg

1551060689_displaypreset109.jpg.c3c0f77d85f4e5ae068dfd0bc27347bc.jpg

Now you can easily switch forth and back with one press of a switch from snapshotmode to a specific preset.

For those who are interested in my HX-Stomp workflow:

I have some snapshotmode-presets for different songs.

All of them look like this:

switch 1: Rythm

switch 3: Solo

switch 2: different sounds I can tweak with the same amp/chain/fx-chain within this snapshot-mode-preset.

But sometimes I need a total different amp/chain/fx-chain like Synth, Acoustic-sim, whatever and for this I switch to another preset.

And the "another preset" has a "go back to earlier preset" switch defined. So it´s handy to switch back in the song while playing guitar.

Of course you can save to which snapshot it should go back. For this  just choose the specific snapshot and save the preset.

And In one preset i have a momentary switch define to "switch 3: SOLO" for short lead licks. That´s very nice as well.

(Just choose latch instead of momentary and define to which snapshot it should go back when releasing the button. But this is off topic now).

Btw: To switch up and down presets for different songs I use a 2-buttons-footswitch.

And my guitar-wireless-receiver has a tuner.

pedalboard.jpg.28a69a92007223449c8afe68633c9e68.jpg

Alright, I hope you guys get it done!!!

R - ACOUSTIC - S.hlxACOUSTIC _ 12.hlx

Elephantstomp - I think you don't understand the difference between STOMP Mode and SNAPSHOT Mode.

Your presets MAY work fine IN STOMP MODE (don't have time right now to test), but NOT in SNAPSHOT MODE.

OP wanted (unless I misunderstood) to change Presets (using Preset Next) using a SNAPSHOT, in SNAPSHOT MODE.

My apologies if I'm misunderstanding, but in SNAPSHOT MODE, neither of your presets select a different PRESET by pressing a SNAPSHOT.

Yeap, it seems he configured FS1 for snapshot 1 / FS2 for preset / FS3 for snapshot 3, and is calling this SNAPSHOT mode..  The fact that there are no arrows between  FS1&2 and FS2&3 indicates that he is on STOMP mode. 

Its either a misunderstanding from him what MODE is, or his unit, for whatever reason, allowed him to do this setting which is not possible on any other.

On another note.. @Elephantstomp when you configured you FSx for preset X, were you able to choose from all of the list or was it limited to a specific range?

When I tried to simulate your setting I notice that when choosing a preset I can only go as far as 32D (which is not the full range of presets). Wondering if this is per design or a fault..

Sorry guys, I messed it up exactly as csantost wrote.

I used snapshot mode before 3.0 and forgot that I dont do now.

The point is to use snapshots and specific presets combined with one switch of a button.

Anyway, perhaps one can use this, too.

I do and appreciate command center for this so much.

I had no limit when choosing.

But I changed the preset counting:

Global settings/preferences/preset number 》 000-125

No worries. Its good that its been cleared up now so that we go on thinking there are special units out there lol

Regarding the presets question, I was checking the manual and there it is referenced that it should recognize the entire range (from 01A to 42C in my case).  Probably some residual minor bug on my unit from the upgrade.  Will do a factory reset when I get a chance and see if that fixes it, probably when 3.1 comes out...