Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshot mode defaults to edit 'E'

Stratatlast

Hi guys...  Firstly, the problem I am having has only happened since I updated to Helix 3.0.

So - when I load a new preset and go to snapshot mode, as soon as I press a footswitch for an alternative snapshot, I get the small 'E' icon which suggests I have edited something. any further switching of snapshots doesn't help and the snapshots do not default back to the original settings.  Yet, when I go out of the preset and come back into it and go back into snapshot mode again, the 'E' has gone but returns as soon as I hit a footswitch. 

I have seen other users are experiencing the same issue.  Please help with this problem - Thanks

The "E" indicates that the saved preset has changed, which it has. You changed Snapshots.

3 hours ago, Stratatlast said:

any further switching of snapshots doesn't help and the snapshots do not default back to the original settings.

If you make any other changes, and you want the snapshots to return to their default (saved) settings when you do that (make changes) and then switch snapshots, then go to Global Settings>Preferences>Snapshot Edits and set it to DISCARD.

However, if you SAVE the Preset after changing ANYTHING, the changes will be saved, and if you have changed snapshots, the default snapshot will be the one you were in when you did the save.

Thanks for your response rd2rk

Yes... I accept this.   The difficulty I have is that the snapshots are not functioning correctly e.g.  Let's say I have a preset with three snapshots: Snapshot (1) just an amp and cab activated. Snapshot (2) amp and cab plus distortion block activated. Snapshot (3) adds a reverb block.  Now... let's say I begin with snapshot (1) - all is fine, then I hit snapshot (3) - all is fine (I accept the 'E' is now visible).  Then, let's say I go back to snapshot (1) - At this point, all three blocks i.e. amp and cab, distortion, and reverb are still active whereas only the amp and cab block should be active.  Yet any parameters, e.g. amp volume, do actually change.

It's driving me crazy - I have about 30 presets which are behaving this way.  I would appreciate any further thoughts - And thanks again

Snapshot 1 - all blocks ON except Dual Pitch

Snapshot 2 - all blocks ON except Rotary Vibe

Snapshot 3 - all blocks ON except Dual Pitch and Rotary Vibe

You only have one stomp active, which Toggles the Delay and Reverb.

All snapshots work as expected, that is, switching from one to another the blocks are as above.

I am not seeing the behavior that you are describing.

Global Settings>Preferences>Snapshot Edits = DISCARD:

In ANY Snapshot, if I Toggle delay and reverb OFF, then switch Snapshots, those effects, come back on.

If I then return to the CHANGED Snapshot, it loads in it's default (SAVED) state.

The changes have been DICARDed.

If I change presets WITHOUT SAVING THE PRESET, then reload the preset, everything reverts to it's SAVED state.

The above is expected behavior.

If I change Global Settings>Preferences>Snapshot Edits to RECALL:

In ANY Snapshot, if I Toggle the delay and reverb OFF, then switch Snapshots, they come back ON (SAVED state).

If I then go back to the original Snapshot (where I Toggled delay/reverb OFF), delay and reverb are OFF (CHANGED state).

The changes have been RECALLed.

If I change presets WITHOUT SAVING THE PRESET, then reload the preset, everything reverts to it's SAVED state.

The above is expected behavior.

I am not seeing the behavior that you are describing, and can not duplicate the problem.

Want to try a different preset?

No problems with that one either.

I'm going to suggest that you perform a full Factory Reset:

That should clear any weirdness from the 3.0 update.

Then update to v3.01. That gets you the latest greatest. 

If you still have the problem, open a Support Ticket.