Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pitch models are mono...

kraM1t

How come nearly everything in the POD Go is Stereo except the Pitch models? It's so disappointing :(

On Helix Native I'm using the Dual Pitch effect in stereo with -9 cents L and +9 cents R to get that lovely EVH Balance tone, it really sweetens up high gain amps.

But on POD Go, despite having 2 empty pedals (so lots of free DSP) I'm still restricted to mono and it sounds terrible when you do a stereo detune effect in Mono.

Does anybody know a workaround? I love everything else but this is such a let down, it also makes cleans sound huge.

Stereo pitch shifters use up a lot more processing power, so I think this is a DSP resource issue.  But I'm hoping Line 6 will take the training wheels off in the forthcoming update, and offer some of the more DSP hungry effects that users can select if they want them.  

• Like 1

On a website I found that tests what each pedal/amp etc uses in terms of DSP, the mono dual pitch uses like 7% and the stereo 14%.. well I have 2 spare pedal slots so it's more than enough. Line 6 just restricting us like we're noobs and won't understand :( Let us activate an advanced DSP mode or something for the more experienced users come on Line 6.. 

7 hours ago, kraM1t said:

On a website I found that tests what each pedal/amp etc uses in terms of DSP, the mono dual pitch uses like 7% and the stereo 14%.. well I have 2 spare pedal slots so it's more than enough. Line 6 just restricting us like we're noobs and won't understand :( Let us activate an advanced DSP mode or something for the more experienced users come on Line 6.. 

They’re just trying to simplify the mono/stereo routing. The POD Go doesn’t have mono and stereo versions of any of the effects. Whether the effect is provided as mono or stereo spread is determined by the category it’s in. All the delays, for example, are stereo. On the Helix/HX products you can select mono or stereo versions of most of them (a few are only available as stereo).

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 1:00 PM, kraM1t said:

If you're referring to Benvesco, make sure you are looking only at Pod Go, not Helix - Helix is dual-chip & is a lot more powerful  - if you were looking at the Helix figures, any equivalent percentage for Pod Go will be a lot more.  The Polypitch is the new one in Helix v3.0

The Benvesco figs are (from left to right Helix stereo, Helix mono, Pod Go):

3 simple pitch Line 6 Original pitch/synth hx 7.07% 13.33% 9.78%
4 dual pitch Line 6 Original pitch/synth hx 9.47% 18.67% 14.46%
4.2 Poly Pitch Line 6 Original pitch/synth hx 53.33% 60.65% na