Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

So is it just the Helix guys that get all the good stuff?

rosskoss

3.0....now 3.1....then 3.2

I know we're talking diverging paths here ... but I was hoping we could get some stuff like the new amp models (Princeton etc.), pedal models etc.  

I intentionally got the PG because my typical signal chain is pretty straightforward (no dual cabs / amps, poly stuff etc.) .... so I don't need all the processing power. However I always appreciate a super accurate model so would be nice if we got some new stuff too. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 2:18 AM, silverhead said:

A POD Go update will come, offering at least some new models and probably some new features. No details on timing. Probably Definitely none of the DSP heavy Poly FX.

FTFY - Line 6 have already confirmed this because Pod Go has insufficient processing power.  Here's the DSP usage, from left to right, Helix Stereo, Helix Mono, Pod go mono

3 simple pitch Line 6 Original pitch/synth hx 7.07% 13.33% 9.78%
4 dual pitch Line 6 Original pitch/synth hx 9.47% 18.67% 14.46%
4.2 Poly Pitch Line 6 Original pitch/synth hx 53.33% 60.65% na

Never say never. It’s possible that Line 6 might decide to add the Poly-FX to the POD Go. Of course that would mean that any POD Go preset could contain one of these Poly-FX blocks and pretty much nothing else, meaning that for those presets the POD Go is effectively a single pedal - the Poly-FX pedal. Might be exactly what a 4CM POD Go user wants in some situations.

But who knows? Maybe enough POD Go users will request this on Ideascale to make Line 6 do it. Personally I don’t think so but it’s technically possible.

16 hours ago, silverhead said:

Never say never. It’s possible that Line 6 might decide to add the Poly-FX to the POD Go. Of course that would mean that any POD Go preset could contain one of these Poly-FX blocks and pretty much nothing else, meaning that for those presets the POD Go is effectively a single pedal - the Poly-FX pedal. Might be exactly what a 4CM POD Go user wants in some situations.

But who knows? Maybe enough POD Go users will request this on Ideascale to make Line 6 do it. Personally I don’t think so but it’s technically possible.

In this case I think never is appropriate. Line 6 have said it won't be - it's beyond Pod Go's capabilities and ethos.   Now, if there's a Pod Go II with advanced processing capabilities, then it might be a possibility.