Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Farm And Toneport Ux2 Work Together?

Absolutely.  I have a TonePort UX2 and it works fine with POD Farm.  You can download POD Farm 1.12 and use it free.  It is fully functional n stand-alone mode, or for ASIO recording.  You will not be able to use the plug-ins though.  The plug-ins are primarily used from within your recording software to "re-amp" a recorded track

If you want to use POD Farm 2.56 you will need to purchase it.  That would also give you access to the POD Farm 2 plug-ins.

the older redface toneports did not come with a license for the plugin... = it wont work as a plugin.

Thanks for your replay. I actually have the current pod farm, with a ux2.... But the crappy usb jack is broke. So I was looking at used toneports as replacement.

Not sure I understand you comment about plug-in not working.

The POD Farm licenses are hard coded to the blackface series.  POD Studio licenses do not transfer to other gear.  If you purchased POD Farm 2 separately though, you can use it with TonePorts.

Think of it this way, if your license came with POD Studio, it stays with POD Studio.  If you bought it separately, it stays with your account and is transferrable to other devices.

exactly as bigchas says...

YOU may not have a license... YOUR current toneport might have a license...

if you change toneports... your license may change as well.

(does not apply if you paid for an upgrade SEPARATELY from the toneport)

Ok, but since I have a licensed version of pod farm, will I be able to use that? Or are you saying, the toneport device is not able to utilize a licensed copy?

• 3 weeks later...

+1 to bigchas and zap

If you do by a separate license do NOT get the iLok version, it will work only as a plug-in and requires an iLok.

Ok, I'm totally confused here. 

I have my redface UX2.  I was thinking of getting PodFarm, as I'm finally upgrading to Sonar X3 Studio.  So:

If I buy Pod Farm 2.56, will it work?  I'm not going to use it on gigs, just to record with - I'm happy with the sound from my amp for live playing. 

Is there anything I should be aware of, like buying an iLok version instead of the default one?

If I decide to go with the Collector Classics, instead of the whole shebang,  can I do that or do I need to purchase a "master" Pod Farm program?

Thanks very much for reading this, and I apologize if this has been already been covered in various threads.  I'm using it for pre-production work, so I want it to sound as good as possible without going "Fagen and Becker" on it.

Hey RealZap, sorry to keep questioning but:

Through LineMonkey I got PodFarm (the free version.)  It's not PodFarm 2.5, it says it's "regular" PodFarm, version 1.12.0.  And it doesn't come with two guitar amps, it comes with 19!  Five bass amps.  Six pre-amps.  A bunch of effects (delays, reverbs, wahs, mods, etc.)

What's going on here?  It seems like I got everything for free!  Any reason why I should purchase PF 2.5 instead of just keeping this?

- Russ

you get version 1 standard for free with the toneport.

depending on which toneport you have you may have a different license

for example....

redface toneports can only use pod farm standalone

and blackface ones can use both the standalone and plugin version (blackface versions are called "pod studios")

a number of reasons that the 2.5x upgrade might be worth it.

64 bit plugins

midi capability - can automate or use foot controllers.

"elements" use - you can use just a portion of pod farm rather than a full instance

hardware independence - you can use your pod farm with other interfaces and without the toneport attached

multiple instances - pod farm 2.5x can be licensed and used on up to 4 devices at a time

just download it: http://line6.com/software/ install it, then log into the license manager and authorize the machine.

this is of course assuming you actually BOUGHT a pod farm 2.x license...

this WILL NOT work if the license you have was included with your toneport/pod studio device.

licenses included with those devices BELONG to those devices and not your user account, and cannot be shared.

you can still download and install it on as many computers as you want...

but the pod studio/toneport will need to be plugged into the machine in order to authorize the license.

multiple instances - pod farm 2.5x can be licensed and used on up to 4 devices at a time

So, how do I install my licensed copy of 2.5 on my second computer?