Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Joystick normal or not?

nan_wpg

Hi guys. I just got my brand new helix rack! 

I just did the obligatory fondling of the product, played with all the buttons, dials, etc. sat and looked at it thinking “man am I lucky!”

one thing I did notice and maybe it’s nothing, but the joystick “clicks” once when I push up, and also left. When I push down there are 2 “clicks” but when I push right there’s no click but rather a “scrunch”

it appears to be working I.e it dials what it’s supposed to and clicks around the menu as it should. I just imagined it would “click” all the way around. 

defective, and possibly ready to break, or no big deal. 

this is my first “big” line6 purchase. It’s a floor model (still with new warranty) so it’s possible someone “did” something, but I was assured the rack was not on full display

3 hours ago, nan_wpg said:

Hi guys. I just got my brand new helix rack! 

I just did the obligatory fondling of the product, played with all the buttons, dials, etc. sat and looked at it thinking “man am I lucky!”

one thing I did notice and maybe it’s nothing, but the joystick “clicks” once when I push up, and also left. When I push down there are 2 “clicks” but when I push right there’s no click but rather a “scrunch”

it appears to be working I.e it dials what it’s supposed to and clicks around the menu as it should. I just imagined it would “click” all the way around. 

defective, and possibly ready to break, or no big deal. 

this is my first “big” line6 purchase. It’s a floor model (still with new warranty) so it’s possible someone “did” something, but I was assured the rack was not on full display

mine does 100% the same as your, still works fine.

17 minutes ago, CraigGT said:

Ahh, the OP said it was a floor model, he meant shop floor :-)

Clarification......

first sentence “just got my new helix rack!”

last sentence “it’s a floor model”.... I should have said store demo, floor demo, or something along those lines. 

‘what I was trying to say is it,was used by the store as a demo or display model but was considered a new product as to,warranty.