Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax Ghost Notes In Alternate Tunings With Newest Workbench.

I posted a comment yesterday, absolutely convinced that it was a software problem and not the acoustic sound of the guitar I was hearing.

I've since listened on some proper headphones and am not so sure... a rehearsal this week will hopefully make this clearer.

My JTV-59 is so much louder acoustically than my old 700 and I'm beginning to believe this may really be the source!

• 4 months later...

My Variax 600 is now absolutely useless for alt tunings.  It would be nice if L6 would chime in other then saying bring it to a service center.  My alt tunings have worked for years and I just recently made some changes in Workbench (updated version on win7 machine) and poof it's all messed up. Even if I drop just the low E to D, all the other strings are playing two notes. Sabotage?  To bad because this thing sounds great with the  Ghost saddles I put on a few years ago.  Hopefully help is on it's way?

Glad you solved it.  I had grounding problems on my 500 with the original piezos.  I also upgraded to the Ghost saddles.  It was difficult to connect all of the ground wires but the results were worth the effort.  No more grounding problems.  I wish that Line6 would do that on the newer Variax designs.  It's still the single wire relying on the case for ground.  This works for a while but it's easy to have a bad ground which causes all sorts of problems like the one you had.

• Upvote 2

Glad you solved it.  I had grounding problems on my 500 with the original piezos.  I also upgraded to the Ghost saddles.  It was difficult to connect all of the ground wires but the results were worth the effort.  No more grounding problems.  I wish that Line6 would do that on the newer Variax designs.  It's still the single wire relying on the case for ground.  This works for a while but it's easy to have a bad ground which causes all sorts of problems like the one you had.

You could solder the ground wires to 1 wire then lead it to the place where the ground is.

I agree about using the case again for ground. Bad design which will ultimately cause grime and oil to disconnect the ground when enough gets in there.

You could solder the ground wires to 1 wire then lead it to the place where the ground is.

I agree about using the case again for ground. Bad design which will ultimately cause grime and oil to disconnect the ground when enough gets in there.

That's exactly what I did when I fixed the problem, much easier then getting all the ghost saddle ground wires to ground point.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

well thats demoting , actually my variax had bricked so im evaluating options , i could do a reflash , i had the tools but the .vxf apears to be proprietary from line 6 i cannot open in my flash programer , i need a hex file format or similar , pretty lollipop situation actually, guess start looking for a reflah service in some line6 service center (will cost an arm?) after searching for a new board whit no sucess what more i can do?? yep the delorean thing wont work , the flux capacitor is broken actually

sorry dude i was trying to be funny and thought this was the pod group where 2.6 just came out.

what variax do you have?

well thats demoting , actually my variax had bricked so im evaluating options , i could do a reflash , i had the tools but the .vxf apears to be proprietary from line 6 i cannot open in my flash programer , i need a hex file format or similar , pretty lollipop situation actually, guess start looking for a reflah service in some line6 service center (will cost an arm?) after searching for a new board whit no sucess what more i can do?? yep the delorean thing wont work , the flux capacitor is broken actually

• 6 months later...