Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go Volume Issues

letterk

I've having all sorts of odd volume issues lately.

At first, it was just some presets were stuck at a volume not aligned with the volume pedal. For instance, being at 0% volume when the pedal was at 100%. Cycling the pedal fixes this, but it's not consistent and can cause confusion/mistakes when live. Twice I played the first song in a set without any volume.

Then, for the last week or two, it seems I can't get the volume to 100% sometimes. It will be all the way down, but I'm only getting around 50% volume. When this happens, sound is quiet and dull. Cycling the pedal doesn't always fix it. Sometimes I'll be playing for a while, using the volume pedal, and getting 50%, and then a cycle will suddenly get me to 100%. Nothing else changed.

Now, I'm getting random volume changes in the middle of use without touching anything. This happened in a live show yesterday. Luckily the sound guy caught it and pulled sound down on the house, but that meant my monitor volume also was cut and I couldn't hear anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Line6 had me reload the firmware. Worked perfectly for a little over a week. Then in the middle of practice today, without me touching it, volume jumped around 2x. Super screechy too. Rather than the pedal being the issue, I think it has something to do with the gain.Line6 had me reload the firmware. Worked perfectly for a little over a week. Then in the middle of practice today, without me touching it, volume jumped around 2x. Super screechy too. Rather than the pedal being the issue, I think it has something to do with the gain.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I am not sure if this is the same problem, but yesterday while switching between presets I noticed that sometimes I have to touch the pedal in order for its value to be applied.

E.g. in one preset the volume is set to 50%. I switch to another preset it goes back to 100%. I slightly touch it and it gets back to 50%.

It's not easy to notice sometimes because presets are very uneven in volume, and unless the volume in selected you don't actually see the current value.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been solved yet.  I just did a full wipe and restore and immediately the issue came back.  When looking at the Pod Go Edit software and watching the volume pedal, you can see it drift back and forth.  I think it's a hardware issue with the pedal.  To solve it I am going to disable the volume and use snapshots to boost volume for leads, etc.  What a waste.  I'd go back to Boss but doubt I can sell this as-is now.  I wouldn't do that to someone.  I do have another external volume pedal I may try next to see if it's the internal pedal or the software.  

• 1 year later...

Hi, reviving this post because I am getting the same issue and it is getting a lot worse:

Volume changes by itself every few seconds now... completely fades out, fades back in, jumps around. My Pod GO is completely unusable now. And I bought it in 2021, so not under warranty anymore :/

Happens even when volume pedal block is deactivated, therefore definitely not a "sunlight on opitcal sensor" issue.

I was on firmware 2.01.0, downgraded to 1.40 and still same issue.