Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

UX2 Crashes During Midi-Based Project

Hello,

I've had my UX2 since 2011 and it's been pretty reliable and stable for the most part. I'm working on a midi based project and there's a certain moment in the project where the UX2 tends to crash out during a build-up section in the song. There are only a handful of tracks and instruments with minimal automation FX so I'm doubting that it's a RAM or Processor overload. The odd thing is that the UX2 can handle this part of the song while I was working on it, but when I play the song from the beginning and it eventually gets to that part, it will crash. After it crashes, Cubase won't be able to detect the UX2 driver and I'll have to restart. There doesn't seem to be a clipping issue in the song and I couldn't imagine why it keeps crashing out. I'm short on ideas and considering purchasing another interface since I need to finish this project within a week. Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Specs:

Cubase 11

AMD Ryzen 5600X

Radeon 5700XT

32gb RAM

1tb SSD

650 W Gold Power Supply