Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PC audio setup buying advice

So looking to upgrade the audio setup I have for my gaming PC. My priority is an immersive home theater like experience, over Hi-Fi listening. If a setup could do both that would be nice.

Audio peripherals that I do own:
Corsair st100 headset stand(works as headphone dac for me)
AD-900x
Paramax p510 5.1 system-https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/  This is sold via white van scams outside of best buys commonly. A relative gave it to me as a gift. I currently have it in 2.1. As expected it sounds awful, and I am looking to upgrade this.

So I will add I am a sucker for RGB, and have a very RGBcentric set up already.
That being said the Logitech g560 speakers, and sound blaster katana/kratos have caught my eye.
Was ready to buy the g560, but read awful reviews on volume control issues.

So I have also looked at powered bookshelf speakers in the $100-150 range. I assume I will need a sub to get the full immersive set up I was hoping for.

Lastly I have been very interested in the sennheiser gsx1000, but it just seems like paying $150+ for the 7.1 effects, as this device would do me no good otherwise, and paying that much for improved 7.1 in games is hard to do.

So my budget is roughly $200, and I am willing to push that to $300 if it's a noticeable improvement. After weeks of audio research I am a little overwhelmed and would like some advice before I spend too much money and end up with something I'm not happy with.

Let's say I go with some powered bookshelf + dac + sub for roughly$300. How does that compare for immersion, to the soundblasterx katana for $250?