Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi Foot Switch Control Hd500 ?

airguitargb

Thinking about giving amplifi a go but not sure how useable it is live for changing patches with a foot switch.

I have an HD500 which I normally use 4 cable method to connect to a blackstar amp.

Can I use the HD500 with amplifi to switch patches and turn individual effects on off??

Thanks

The HD500 cannot interface with an amplifi to switch patches. If you wanted to get the benefits of amplifi for home use and jamming but also have more pod HD flexibility for gigs, for the gigs you could use your pod into the aux input on the amplifi and use the amplifi just as your FRFR amp while using the pod tones, etc.

Cheers

Andy

for the gigs you could use your pod into the aux input on the amplifi and use the amplifi just as your FRFR amp

That just provoked a thought in my brain, about some cool ways to utilize the Amplifi in a stage setting..

Use it as a monitor, facing toward you, instead of toward the audience. Run an extra output from whatever your rig is into your iDevice, and then Bluetooth that to the Amplfi. It could be placed anywhere on stage for a sound reinforcement speaker system. Maybe the drummer needs a dedicated monitor to hear you, or any other band member. Maybe the keyboard player is on the far side of  the stage, with drums and bass between you, and they need to hear your guitar parts up close and personal! Lots of options, and it's not like major bands don't already use laptops, iPads, etc on stage, like STS9 and the like.