Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider V60 and HX Stomp

clfnole123

Besides using the AUX in, there are several other ways to use it:

1. You can use the stomp for effects only going into a Spider V patch.  That way your use helix effect in front of the SV amp and cabinet

2. Build you stomp patch with a preamp or amp model  (no cab) and send the output to your SV with the patch to have "no amp"  and the desired cabinet, mic emulation.

3. You can use a full amp, cab(or IR) and go to the guitar in on the SV and have your patch do no amp and cab.

Using those options, you can throw delay and reverb from the SV at the end of the overall chain where a lot of folks prefer it.

Happy modeling!

• 2 weeks later...

This amp has been out for a while but I couldn’t find anything about it here- I’ve heard the cleans are okay but distorted sounds are bad. Is it impossible to dial in a good distorted sound on this amp? Opinions on the amp overall? Was looking to buy one or the katana 50/something else if it doesn’t seem like a good option, but I like the some of the unique features like the wireless lead and built in looper.

Kroger Feedback

11 hours ago, Flossie23 said:

This amp has been out for a while but I couldn’t find anything about it here- I’ve heard the cleans are okay but distorted sounds are bad. Is it impossible to dial in a good distorted sound on this amp? Opinions on the amp overall? Was looking to buy one or the katana 50/something else if it doesn’t seem like a good option, but I like the some of the unique features like the wireless lead and built in looper.

Have you played one? I've got a full Helix system and a bunch of good tube amps, so I know a little about tone. The Spider V's have a bad rap, because earlier Spiders were aimed a beginners and sold a million of them because of it.

The newest version, V, has some great tones derived from Pod Farm which you've heard on literally 1000's of major label records. Go on Custom tone and check it out and here's a video debunking some of the memes out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5eukxILK3M