Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp Midi Snapshot Issue

abw1989

Hi,

I am having issues with snapshot recall using midi messages sent via a Boss ES-5. I have three patches set on the Stomp with three different amps clean, dirty and lead. Each Stomp patch has Snapshot one with the FX loop off, and Snapshot two turns the FX loop on. I am using PC messages from the ES-5 to change the patches, followed by a CC#69-00 for snapshot one and CC#69-01 for snapshot two. This works perfectly well when the PC command sent is identical to the last one but it seems that the Stomp is receiving a duplicated PC midi message when ever a new PC message is sent. Here is a Pocket Midi trace:

C0 63
B0 45 00

C0 63
B0 45 01

C0 63
B0 45 00

C0 64
B0 45 00
C0 64

C0 64
B0 45 01

C0 63
B0 45 01
C0 63

As you can see, then the PC message stays on 63, it receives PC>CC but when it changes from 63 to 64 it receives PC>CC>PC. As the last PC message has no CC associated with it, the patch then defaults to Snapshot one. This is the second midi controller I've tried using with the Stomp, previously using a PXL8-Live and both are exhibiting the same behaviour. Is it normal midi protocol to repeat a PC command when the PC messages changes. If so this does limit the Snapshot feature of the Stomp.

MAJOR EDIT TIME:

It is the Stomp at fault here. I'm now sending messages direct to the Stomp via USB so I know exactly what I'm sending. For every new PC command I send, the Stomp reads two; send the same command and it reads just the one, see attached image.

Is this correct midi behaviour for the Stomp or is my unit faulty?!

Untitled.png

Edited by abw1989
I found a potential HX Stomp fault.

I've got midi thru turned off, and still the same response either controlling via USB or the ES-5. These are my global settings:

Base channel: 1
MIDI Thru: off
Rx MIDI Clock: Off
Tx MIDI Clock: Off
Tempo Select: Preset 
BPM: 120
USB MIDI: On
MIDI PC Rx: MIDI + USB 
MIDI PC Tx: Off