Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can i use hd500x editor without installing the driver ?

Jimmybeijng2014

For some reason I think the hd500x driver mess up with my external audio interface driver,but when i connect hd500x with a usb cable,it automaticly connecting to the driver right ? as long as a usb cable is connecting,it force the signal routing to the usb,but I just want to edit the parameters with the hd500x editor for the sake of making life easier,why should I must install the lollipoping out of date driver ?Is there a workaround ?I don't really understand the design,for what?By the way,the driver crashes my windows 10!!!Why don't line 6 just fix their lollipop?

Thanks for the reply,it's really annoying,when I change the block placement in the signal chain via hd500x editor,it crash my pc,wether I use my external audio card as default or the unit's,latest windows 10 version,it's really frustrating.I tried different USB ports on my motherboard,no luck,I don't know what to do,I end up uninstalling everything related to line 6 and it's also a pita.

You’re right. There’s no point given what you are trying to do. I think pianoguy was just clarifying, correctly, that my earlier response was technically inaccurate. You can, in fact, use the edit program without the driver - which was your question. It just doesn’t do you any good.

For example, we have a lot of people who sell their units but want be able to view patches for so that they can do the same settings on a different device. 

I didn't say it would help solve your issue. I was just stating that, yes, the editor does work without a unit connected - ie, the driver. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Jimmybeijng2014 said:

Thanks for the reply,it's really annoying,when I change the block placement in the signal chain via hd500x editor,it crash my pc,wether I use my external audio card as default or the unit's,latest windows 10 version,it's really frustrating.I tried different USB ports on my motherboard,no luck,I don't know what to do,I end up uninstalling everything related to line 6 and it's also a pita.

I would try to isolate what is causing the problem. Make sure that Windows and your audio software (e.g. DAW) are not using the Pod as an audio device, whether by default or not. For example, don't even run your DAW. Just have HD Edit running and nothing else. You would need to listen directly to the Pod via headphones, your amp or some speakers. Does the problem still occur in those circumstances? Depending on the answer you now know whether you are having a problem with the streaming audio or with the control connection and can focus your efforts to remove the problem.