Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Go with standard headphones

jamesp9404

Hi everyone,

I'm trying but failing to use my Pod Go through headphones via a 3.5mm to 6.35mm adapter - I can only get a faint sound so wondering if I'm missing something in the settings. I don't currently own any studio monitor style phones with a 6.35mm jack - are these the only type that would be compatible? I have tried Sony WH1000-XM3, some Bose headphones (not sure of model now) and standard Apple headphones.

The headphone output socket works fine with my KEF LSX speakers, using a 6.35mm to 3.5mm cable.

Thanks in advance.

Pod Go’s headphone out is a 6,35 mm stereo port = the headphone out sends a stereo signal.

So you can send a stereo signal into a 3,5 mm stereo plug.

Or you have to split it into 2 mono plugs (y-cable).

If you send a stereo signal into a mono plug you will only hear half of the sound.

The result is rather weired.

By the way: isn‘t the Sony WH1000-XM3 a cable free bluetooth headphone?

Thanks for the responses, which are very helpful. The Sony headphones can be used wired but are primarily intended to be Bluetooth.

In case anyone has had a similar problem, I’ve found a solution. I connected a FiiO headphone amp (previously gathering dust in a drawer) through a converter cable. Then connected my headphones to that. It has done the trick.