Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Shuriken tone in JTV69 guitar ??

Hi, I've got a JTV69 guitar and I'm very happy with because I love Telcaster / Stratocaster / Les Paul Tone, but I'd rather know if it's possible to upload some Shuriken tone in a JTV69 ? If yes, how can I do that ?

Thanks a lot

Bonjour, je suis l'heureux possesseur d'une Variax JTV 69, je suis très fan des Telecaster / Strat et Les Paul donc je suis dans mon jus mais parfois pour des morceaux spécifiques, j'aurais aimé tâter le terrain des guitares taillées pour le high gain. Chez Line6 il existe la Shuriken et je me demandais si on pouvait installer un modèle ou deux des émulations de la shuriken dans la JTV69. Bien entendu si la réponse est oui ma deuxième question est : comment ?

Merci d'avance

Never tried it, but if you use Workbench HD, save the desired tone to a folder on your computer, then load it to your JTV-69

as a custom patch, then that might worth. Be aware that it will sound different in a different body, so you may want to do further

edits on the tone using Workbench HD, after it's in the JTV-69.

The 69 has a floating bridge for tremolo, the Shuriken does not, and that will also add to the difference.

Model programs are modeled and optimized for the guitars they are specified for. For instance, a JTV-89 program sounds odd and off tone color in a JTV-89F, because the 89F is programmed for a tremolo bridge, and the 89 fixed bridge is not. Trying to do tremolo using a Model from a fixed bridge guitar, may sound a little odd.

Also, there are two version of the Shuriken, 27" baritone scale and 25.5" standard scale. That will also add to the difference.

Using Workbench HD to edit the Shuriken models in a JTV-69 may work, the question is, will it work enough for what you are looking for?

Bonne chasse et bonne chance.