Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DMC.micro with MeloAudio expression pedal

ReeV0

Hi all,

Is anyone able to help me with my expression pedal problem? It goes from 0-100 super fast, and then 100-127 super slow. (Or 0-90 super fast, 90-100 super slow).

Here is a video trying to demonstrate it, I have no idea how to solve it. Many thanks for any advice!

Looks to me like the taper on the exp pedal is not what the DMC.micro is expecting.  I don't think the issue is with the stomp, as it is tracking the MIDI values being sent by the micro.  Have you tried contacting Disaster Area?

15 hours ago, kduck said:

Looks to me like the taper on the exp pedal is not what the DMC.micro is expecting.  I don't think the issue is with the stomp, as it is tracking the MIDI values being sent by the micro.  Have you tried contacting Disaster Area?

Yeah, they suggested buying a TRS reverse polarity cable

2 hours ago, ReeV0 said:

Yeah, they suggested buying a TRS reverse polarity cable

If you need to reverse the polarity of your pedal, you can do that from the Global Settings on your HX Stomp.

HX Stomp 3.0 Owner’s Manual - page 52

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a4112bbf5fb6a519e8b18/application/pdf/HX Stomp 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev C - English .pdf

I suggest that for the purposes of testing the pedal, connect it directly to the Stomp and eliminate the DMC micro from the equation. That should show where the problem lies.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Edited by datacommando
Added text

13 minutes ago, datacommando said:

If you need to reverse the polarity of your pedal, you can do that from the Global Settings on your HX Stomp.

HX Stomp 3.0 Owner’s Manual - page 52

https://line6.com/data/6/0a020a4112bbf5fb6a519e8b18/application/pdf/HX Stomp 3.0 Owner's Manual - Rev C - English .pdf

I suggest that for the purposes of testing the pedal, connect it directly to the Stomp and eliminate the DMC micro from the equation. That should show where the problem lies.

Thanks, unfortunately the DMC.micro doesn't have this capability and that's what is feeding the info to the Stomp. I've got it going through the DMC so I can use two switches with the Stomp, and also use the expression pedal with my Source Audio C4

6 minutes ago, ReeV0 said:

Thanks, unfortunately the DMC.micro doesn't have this capability and that's what is feeding the info to the Stomp. I've got it going through the DMC so I can use two switches with the Stomp, and also use the expression pedal with my Source Audio C4

I realise that you are using the switching capability of the DMC, but the idea is to test the expression pedal in isolation. This will show if it works as expected directly into the Stomp. If everything is good then there may be a need to swap the wiring polarity from the pedal to the micro switch, or if there may be something not right with how the Disaster Area box is functioning.

2 minutes ago, datacommando said:

I realise that you are using the switching capability of the DMC, but the idea is to test the expression pedal in isolation. This will show if it works as expected directly into the Stomp. If everything is good then there may be a need to swap the wiring polarity from the pedal to the micro switch, or if there may be something not right with how the Disaster Area box is functioning.

Yeah it works fine when connected directly to the Stomp

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, datacommando said:

New cable then, or get the soldering iron out. ;-)

Haha yeah :P I'm no good at soldering though

Do you know if I was to buy this RambleFX cable (can't find any in the UK), would I plug that into the DMC.micro, and then connect another standard TRS cable into the expression pedal?

26 minutes ago, ReeV0 said:

Do you know if I was to buy this RambleFX cable (can't find any in the UK), would I plug that into the DMC.micro, and then connect another standard TRS cable into the expression pedal?

Shame that Maplin folded, because you could usually get things like this from them. Anyhow, I’m not sure that RC components or CPC stock the part you need but these guys have them.

https://beatbars.com/en/trs-extension-reversed.html

They are based in Poland and after Brexit, I’m not certain that things like this are subject to import duty. I know it has all changed with Thomann and Bax.

Possible find a local sparky to wire a cable for you. I almost certain there is a U.K. company doing custom cables.

EDIT:

I have had stuff from these guys - maybe check them out.

https://www.designacable.com

Edited by datacommando
Added link

18 minutes ago, datacommando said:

Shame that Maplin folded, because you could usually get things like this from them. Anyhow, I’m not sure that RC components or CPC stock the part you need but these guys have them.

https://beatbars.com/en/trs-extension-reversed.html

They are based in Poland and after Brexit, I’m not certain that things like this are subject to import duty. I know it has all changed with Thomann and Bax.

Possible find a local sparky to wire a cable for you. I almost certain there is a U.K. company doing custom cables.

EDIT:

I have had stuff from these guys - maybe check them out.

https://www.designacable.com

Cheers for the link, I'll send them over an email. I also found these guys who I was going to try https://custompedalboards.co.uk/custom-setup/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ReeV0 said:

If you know someone who can do (very) basic soldering, just need to switch the tip and sleeve connections.  This should be easily done inside the pedal itself.  I would take the back off the pedal and have a look--you might get lucky and find that Meloaudio used quick connectors instead of solder joints on the potentiometer connections.

5 hours ago, kduck said:

If you know someone who can do (very) basic soldering, just need to switch the tip and sleeve connections.  This should be easily done inside the pedal itself.  I would take the back off the pedal and have a look--you might get lucky and find that Meloaudio used quick connectors instead of solder joints on the potentiometer connections.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone who can solder but I've sent off a few email inquiries. The MeloAudio has no switches or anything inside it

Can you post a picture of the other side?  Looks like there might be quick connectors on the other end of the wires (the pot end).  To reverse the polarity, just swap the red and blue wires at either the pot or the jack.  Any guitar tech near you could do it.