Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using PodGo with Vintage JC-120

kagiangrande91

I have a 1984 JC-120 and I want to use it with my PodGo. The amp only has a stereo main in that bypasses the preamp but no FX Loop. I was curious about using amp/cab vs just amp vs preamp/cab vs just preamp models into the back is there a "correct way to do it"? I don't quiet understand how the power section works of the JC-120.

Running to the Main In would be your best bet to start. Keep it simple...JC120s are pretty flat as far as guitar amps go. That metal cone extends the high end a bit compared to a paper cone. JC-120 is just a Class AB solid-state stereo power amp. If you wanted to use the preamp, you could do it...Basically, the Line out on those is a preamp out...So you do have an FX Loop...It's just not marked that way. The Line out is mono on the old ones as I recall...So 4CM is possible...If you are new to the GO I would suggest starting with running the GO Main outs to the Main Ins on the JC-120 and let the GO do the preamp work...Once you get under it, you could move into the 4CM and try that out...For me it is more trouble than it's worth....Too many cables and a lot more programming to get things all leveled out and playing nice together...certainly is doable and JC120s really are decent for using with modelers IMO.