Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshot mode vs 10 Switch Stomp mode

Thyce

Hey my dear Helixers!

I'm having a quite unusual doubt and not sure if this is ever possible to fix yet, but any thoughts are welcome!

Is there a way to setup an individual preset to use 10 switches stomp mode (or even8) and another one with snapshot mode?

So far I understand that these are global settings and it will boil down to my pedal workflow to make it happen separately, but just trying my luck....

Cheers
Thyce

You are correct, Global, not per preset.

This (per preset) has been suggested, and you can vote on it over on Ideascale. Not sure what search terms you'd use (switches?), but it's a fairly recent suggestion, so maybe just page back through recents?

If you set Preset Mode to be 8 Snapshots in the Global Settings menu, it’s really easy to go back and forth these two views. You just hit the Mode footswitch. This is what I do. You do have the option of customizing Stomp Mode however you want, too, as mentioned above.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 5:44 PM, phil_m said:

If you set Preset Mode to be 8 Snapshots in the Global Settings menu, it’s really easy to go back and forth these two views. You just hit the Mode footswitch. This is what I do. You do have the option of customizing Stomp Mode however you want, too, as mentioned above.

This is also my reason to use the 8 Snapshots configuration. 

Anyway, when I play live (well, in the future, maybe again!) I just use snapshots, and then I use the stompbox mode when I want to "experiment" or at home.

I use snapshots when I need to change a lot of things for a specific purpose - usually to change Variax to an open tuning or acoustic model in the middle of an otherwise typical electric guitar tone.

Otherwise I use stomp mode because it allows me to control combinations of effects live buy just pressing footswitches - just like a traditional pedalboard. For example, I have stacked drive pedals that I like to control individually, not in snapshots. This allows me to tailor the level of distortion in flexible ways depending on the situation and what I might like to play at the moment.

It's nice to have both options and pick the one that works best for any given situation.

I use 4 preset up top and 4 snaps on bottom.

Then if I want I hit mode where I have the command center configured for a mix of snap and stomp.

I even have it set to go to a particular other preset if I want.

It's a really versatile flow for me since I have a preset for each song or at least "type", typically with 4 snaps per preset.

But then if I want to have individual control that's easy too.