Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

All switches and knobs stopped working after flash update

RolloTomasi

I just updated my POD HD500 to the latest flash memory (2.62), and although everything appeared to go smoothly, on restart (which seemed to go fine), ALL the switches no longer work at all - knobs, foot switches, expression pedals ... everything.

It doesn't show up on USB anymore, and I can't even do a factory reset on the unit because nothing works on it. 

The screen seems to think all is well and shows the first patch I have, but I can't do anything at all.

Do I have any options?

Here follows what you can try to do:

- Power Up the unit while pressing and holding the Nav Pad Down button to have direct access to Flash Memory update (safe) mode

- Connect the device to your computer through the USB

- If the unit is recognized by the OS you can use the Monkey app to install again the latest firmware.

(if the unit is not recognized by the OS your only option is to bring it to a Line6 authorized technician (if the repair is worth the cost))..

- when done do a global reset and finally a pedal calibration

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

Thanks so much for the help!

I've tried  a few things based on your suggestions:

• Restarted with the left pad button down - got the "UPDATE FLASH" message.
  • Reinstalled the 2.62 flash through L6 Monkey
  • was then stuck on the  "UPDATE FLASH" message no matter what I did (including trying t global reset)
  • Tried a rollback to 2.32 - that worked, and all functionality returned.
  • Reinstalled 2.62. Same result: not button functionality.
  • Reinstalled with  "UPDATE FLASH" mode. That worked and I was not stuck on the screen that time. The system sees the unit as v2.62
  • The pad/knob works on startup, but as soon as I engage a foot switch, ALL switches stop working.
  • If I restart, I get the same results again.
  • Holding down the left pad arrow button does not initiate a global reset.

Any thoughts?

(ETA: I need v2.63 so I can get back to my patches that don't work with v2.32.)

Second addition: It seems all the switches work (including foot switches) *except* FS5 - FS8 everything else does what it should, but once I activate any of FS5-8, all other knobs/buttons/etc. stop working unless restarted.

Third addition: Weirdly, I can do a pedal calibration, which uses all four FS5-8 (A-D) foot switches - they work fine in that mode. So they are working, but only in that mode.

At this point I suggest to speak about your problem directly with the Line6 official support guys by opening a support ticket:

https://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips