Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp and MIDI Baby 3 Basic Programming Help

Laker2611

Hey gang,

I’m new to the forum and am looking for some help. I did do a search and was unable to find this so, while I’m sure it’s been addressed, I just can’t find the link. Sorry in advance. 

I know there’s a bunch of you who use the Midi Baby 3 as additional switches with their HX Stomp. I have the MIDI Baby 3 currently. All I’m wanting to do right now is 2 things: 1) have the left and right buttons on the MIDI Baby 3 serve as footswitch 4 and 5 respectively on the HX Stomp and; 2) have the middle button serve as the tap tempo/tuner button. 

Would anyone be able to post a screenshot of what that programming would look like on the MIDI Baby 3?  I just don’t quite understand how MIDI programming works and want to be able to copy and paste the settings. If there are specific things I would also need to set on the HX Stomp as well, that info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance everyone!!!! 

In Re-reading this post, I think I need to get a little more specific as to what I’m asking for. I’m hoping that the midi baby 3 left and right buttons would turn on/off specific blocks within a specific preset. I will be using the expression 1/2 out for a wah setting with the line 6 mission engineering pedal. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.  I'm no expert with MIDI, and I only came across this thread because my MIDI Baby 3 arrives later this week, and I was reading up on how to use it.  But I think I can help a little bit.

Not sure how far you got, but you program the MIDI Baby 3 by connecting it to a computer and using this web-based editor:

https://studiocode.dev/midi-baby-editor/

This link from the Helix Help site contains a wealth of information about how to assign different functions via MIDI CC's (command controls)

https://helixhelp.com/tips-and-guides/universal/midi#preset-and-snapshot-recall-via-midi

CC# 52 controls FS4, and CC# 53 controls FS5.  CC# 64 would be the assignment for tap tempo, but I read somewhere that you might have to set up the MB3 to send MIDI clock for that to work.  But obviously it can be done, as tons of YouTube demos have demonstrated.

If you really want to cheat, just download the sysex file from this link, and load it into your pedal via the editor:

https://www.thegearconfessions.com/post/midibaby

The first of the three files available on that page is similar to what you are looking to do, except that a tap of the left and right buttons controls preset switching, while a long press on the buttons will activate/deactivate FS4 & FS5.  But that could work for you.