Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

powercab 112 plus updates

wobrien54

I was able to download the app and was ready to go then realized I need a particular type of USB connector, I was going to order this one but it didn’t mention that it was compatible with the powercab 112plus, do you guys happen to know the type of USB connector I should get that would be compatible with the 112 plus,

thanks again!

D2165D11-DABF-4F28-9717-1CC31E15F8D8.png

I used the one that came with my Helix. Think it's called an A to B cable? 

I have a few of 'em, same as my scanner cable, MIDI keyboard cable, Faderport cable, various other PC connectable fx units, my audio interface cable... same as the one in your picture. I'm surprised you don't already use one for another piece of gear.

Thanks for your help somebodyelse, i’ve always been a pedal guy up until the last year or so when I bought a Firehawk FX, I have since bought the power cab 112, and it looks like I’m gonna go all in and get the helix as soon as I can afford it without the wife going through the roof, I did look at my printer/scanner/fax machine USB it was different from the one that is on the power cab 112, but that cord that I showed does work, was wondering if you all could help me with one more thing, 

I downloaded (what I thought I needed to download) that being the power cab driver as well as Power cab edit 2.0 also, however, when I scroll down to the bottom of the agreement (of the 2.0 powercab update) it tells me within the agreement that there should be a place I have to accept the terms at the bottom but when I get to the bottom there is no place to accept the terms so I cannot seem to make the 2.0 update happened within my power cabinet, on top of that I have an older PC, that uses Windows 7 which probably could be the source of the problem, any advice from you guys on this one?

Hiya.

First, yer welcome. Sorry, it's taken so long to reply.

Best thing to download for the update is the Line 6 Updater. You only need the other stuff if you want to carry out editting from your computer, and the driver is included with them.

The driver and firmware downloads are probably a better option if you live in an area with unstable or slow internet connections, where it would be safer to do a firmware update manually. Otherwise, I would use the automatic Line 6 Updater.

As for the 'accepting terms' tickbox... I'm not a lot of use -I'm sight impaired. Suffice to say, I DID install Powercab Edit and Line 6 Updater by myself, so it couldn't have been that hard to find.

At the risk of asking stupid questions, are you sure it's not two 'buttons' with the options 'Accept' or 'Reject'. Some use tickboxes, some just put in on the 'OK' button?

Thanks again somebodyelse!

you promted me to give it another try (AFTER A WEEKEND OF TRYIN), your second sentence struck a chord with me...

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2021 at 7:37 AM, somebodyelse said:

Best thing to download for the update is the Line 6 Updater. You only need the other stuff if you want to carry out editting from your computer, and the driver is included with them.

I realized that the powercab EDIT was a different animal all together with, so I downlowded the first thing that came up on the options of downloads, which was something to do with fixing bugs on the spider...I avoided this all the other times because it didn't mention the 112 powercab- go figure, I gotta wonder why when you go to download the line 6 updater it doesn't just direct you to that, but I don't f'in care at this point because I was finally able to update my powercab software to the 2.00 version and I download  the powecab edit as well.    

7 hours ago, wobrien54 said:

Thanks again somebodyelse!

you promted me to give it another try (AFTER A WEEKEND OF TRYIN), your second sentence struck a chord with me...

I realized that the powercab EDIT was a different animal all together with, so I downlowded the first thing that came up on the options of downloads, which was something to do with fixing bugs on the spider...I avoided this all the other times because it didn't mention the 112 powercab- go figure, I gotta wonder why when you go to download the line 6 updater it doesn't just direct you to that, but I don't f'in care at this point because I was finally able to update my powercab software to the 2.00 version and I download  the powecab edit as well.    

I'm glad you got it sorted.

The Line 6 download page is a POS to be brutally honest. It doesn't matter which product or operating system you specify, ir still offers a lollipopload of downloads that aren't relevant to you.

Look on the bright side. I bought a POD 2.0 twenty years back. Came with a great editor based on Emajic software - I think they were something to do with Logic. After a couple of years, Apple bought them - end of updates. When the next version of Windows came out, game over. Line 6 came up with a replacement editor that didn't work... it's still there on the downloads page.

• 2 years later...
On 2/19/2021 at 1:58 AM, wobrien54 said:

I recently bought a powrecab 112 plus, it has firmware 1.1, does anyone know if/how to find the 2.0 firmware update on line 6 website?

Thanks

I have same problem. The problem now is svu file I can’t open it and download 2.00 firmware

You have the answer in post two and three above. And you can’t run the svu-file on its own. It’s the PC+ firmware and need to be downloaded by using Updater. Do this:

• Download the software from here - https://line6.com/software/, from the dropdown boxes you select “Powercab 112+, “leave as is” and in the last box pick the OS of your client (Win10/Mac or whatever you use). You need the latest version of the Updater (1.27) and Driver (1.97.0.2), PC112+ Firmware 2.00.1 and PC Edit 2.00. If you have eg a Helix and HX Edit installed you already have Updater and drivers on you system.
  • Install Updater and Drivers if it’s not already on your system.
  • Install PC Edit.
  • Connect your PC/MAC to your PC+ via a USB A/B cable. Prefer not to make the connection until Updater and PC Edit are installed.
  • Be sure that only Updater is running (You will most likely fail if PC Edit is running). I actually would close all running app’s before using Updater to be sure nothing interacts. With the PC+ turned on you will see the connection in Updater. 
  • In Updater select the svu-file you just downloaded and start the update. Follow instruction.
  • When finished reboot your PC+, close Updater and start PC Edit.
  • Ready to have fun…