Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Static cling build up Spider V 240 HC Amp Head

BLIXRhythem

I’ve had my Spider V 240 HC for 4 or so years now. I’ve never had an issue with it and have never updated the firmware. About a month ago my amp would turn on but wouldn’t show the settings on its screen. So I factory reset it and everything seems to be fine again. 
 Last week I bought myself a Gibson Les Paul, The trad pro V, and when I plug it in with a chord or my wireless system (G10 relay) I heard a static cling when my hand goes up and down the back of the neck, or touch any metal parts of the les Paul like the bridge or tuning pegs. 
 I tried my Ibanez and my PRS, neither once produces that static cling. So I tried out the Les Paul on my smaller Vox amp, there’s no static cling there. So it’s only with my spider V 240HC and my new Les Paul that I hear the the static cling build up. I doubt it’s my new LP over my older line6 amp. Any ideas on what’s going on and how I could fix it? 

The definition of "static cling" is a buildup of static such that (via charged ionic attraction) the item is attracting excessive dust or even garments and such.  It is "static cling" that causes electronic equipment to become excessively dusty while not the things right around it.  There is not a noise associated with "static cling" which makes your post confusing.  Is it an "audible static" that you are hearing, or a "static cling" that you are some way feeling or seeing?