Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Variax Jtv69s Workbench Hd Error

Hello all,

I am the owner of a new JTV69S in shoreline gold-very happy with it.

However I cannot get it to show in Workbench HD, it appears to see the guitar, then starts to load the presets and after the first one it immediately gives the error as shown in the attached picture:

One or more presets failed to load from the guitar.

(Code 8000000a)

Operation timed out.

post-139486-0-48805800-1393161460_thumb.png

Curiously Workbench also shows it as a JTV59 which it isn't.

I am connecting via the the supplied USB interface and both lights are on green, using the latest version of all relevant software. Guitar shows up in L6 Monkey just as "Tyler Variax" and is on the latest V2 HD firmware.

Using an i5 iMac with OSX Mavericks loaded 10.9.1.

The guitar itself seems to work fine on its own.

Any clues?

Thanks

Pete

Just for info, after discussions with L6 tech support and trying several suggestions (using a different USB and CAT5 cable/different computer) it appears my JTV is faulty and I am about to return it for a replacement/repair.

i have the problem similary with my jtv89f.

Verify  firewall and antivirus .

i have kaspersky 2014 and i resolve a little the problem just one inactivate.

i search a solution.

i no think then the guitar is the problem because with workbench hd  if i upload all presets on the variax jtv , it's ok.

Using an Windows 7 (64 bits pro)

Excuse me for my little english, i m french ;-)

Hi,

I test with a laptop with the same configuration ie windows 7 64bit pro, kaspersky 2014 and downloading the 60/60 on workbench hd,was a success so it does not come from antivirus or firewall.

What is certain is that the technician Line 6 was the same as you have returned the guitar on my side it's not me the guitar that problem!

• 2 weeks later...

A quick update post for those who who may be interested.

The guitar was returned to L6 who replaced the battery module I think.

On return of the guitar it still had the same problem in workbench which was disappointing and starting to make me worry generally about reliability.

I spoke with helpful staff at GuitarGuitar and was persuaded to try a replacement model JTV69S, I was assured they they get very few variax returns with few repairs needed. I am happy to say the replacement guitar works flawlessly and I am really pleased with it, just as a strat copy with its own magnetic pickups it sounds very good and the models do sound convincing to me and more importantly make me want to play more and try new things.

Cheers

Pete

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem- I solved it by removing the battery!

Incidentally the battery was completely flat, so I will charge it and try again and see if that make any difference. I use my '69 via VDI into my HD500 so the battery never gets used (or does it?) and of course one design flaw (well, I think it is a flaw) is the battery can only be charged OFF the guitar.