Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Legacy patch/Back compatibility

OmegaSlayer

Hi, I'm a former user of a POD XT.

I had loads of patches and sounds I liked a lot that I created or downloaded during the time I had the device.

I noticed there's some amps and stuff I loved that had not been ported to the POD Go, which is a device with loads more horsepower

Is anyone in the know if Line6 has the intention to port over some "legacy" stuff over to the POD Go?

If you look at the list of effects in the manual, you'll notice that there are darker and pastel colour codes, which match the illuminated stomp switches in Pod Go.  The lighter colours relate to effects from legacy Line 6 products, including effects in the 3/4 button larger Line 6 pedals and others. 

So, whilst all the amp and cab models are from Helix, a significant number of the fx modelling is from legacy products.

Because Pod Go  has Helix amp and cab models, that are significantly superior to older units like Pod XT, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Lìne 6 won't go backwards on the amp and cab modelling quality, but will from time to time bring out firmware updates with sone additional amp, cab and fx models. 

The recent Helix v3.0 upgrade introduced some new fx,  amp and cab models, and it is anticipated that Pod Go will get at least some of these in the forthcoming Pod Go update. (But it won't get the DSP hungry fx as Pod Go doesn't have the necessary processing power).

• Upvote 1