Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Entering snapshot selection mode, am I missing something?

tjbassoon

So I haven't historically been a big user of snapshots, but I"m finding some use for them right now. I typically have my Floor set up default switch config with bank up/down on the left and 8 switches set for changing individual or multiple effects on a preset.

It seems to me that I have essentially three footswitches that enter the preset selection (bank up, bank down, and Mode (upper right switch). There is only one way to enter snapshot selection, and that's by pressing the bank up/down buttons simultaneously. Am I right? Is there a setting to enter snapshots that I'm missing?

I do not want to set up the switches to lose a row of effect on/off switches to selecting snapshots, I know I can do that. Is there any way at all to enter snapshot selection with a single switch?

YMMV... but I set up my Helix to display 8 snaps. The MODE then toggles between Snapshot mode and Stomp mode. 

To get to a Preset I simply touch ONE of the bank buttons and I am in Preset Mode. Once I choose a preset it returns to Snap mode automatically. 

This gives me a single click to be in any mode I want... without the need to step on two buttons at the same time to enter a particular mode. 

That setup works great for me... but that doesn't mean it will work for everyone :) 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, codamedia said:

YMMV... but I set up my Helix to display 8 snaps. The MODE then toggles between Snapshot mode and Stomp mode. 

To get to a Preset I simply touch ONE of the bank buttons and I am in Preset Mode. Once I choose a preset it returns to Snap mode automatically. 

This gives me a single click to be in any mode I want... without the need to step on two buttons at the same time to enter a particular mode. 

That setup works great for me... but that doesn't mean it will work for everyone :) 

That's what I was looking for! The "Preset Mode Switches" setting. I had it set to the default where it shows 8 presets. Didn't realize this was the setting that was swapped in and out of with the top right switch.

• Like 1

Is it possible to have the mode set where I have it in stomp mode, if I then hit the mode button, it will go to snap mode, but then after picking a snap, have it go back to stomp mode?  So what I would like is the mode button to temporarily go to snap mode, then switch to stomp mode (like it does when you hit bank up/down at the same time)

I like to stay in stomp mode, but use snapshots to change delay or reverb settings, or turn on a stomp because I'm out of buttons.

6 hours ago, PaulTBaker said:

Is it possible to have the mode set where I have it in stomp mode, if I then hit the mode button, it will go to snap mode, but then after picking a snap, have it go back to stomp mode? 

That doesn't seem to exist at this time...

There are a few requests at ideascale you could upvote... this one appears to be closest to what you would like but it is quite old and doesn't have a lot of traction. 

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Auto-Stomp-Mode/827537-23508

If you start a new request I'll be happy to upvote it. 

Having the ability to use Stomp Mode as the default landing place (after any choice is made) makes sense to me. 

• Like 1