Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd 500x Serious Problem With Switching Different Presets

Wozynsky

Hi there,

I am using HD 500x for about half a year. The problem started week ago. I am using ABCD mode for switching presets.

When I switched for B,C or D preset it automatically is switching back to preset A and I can not switch to any other preset. Even when I am using preset A and I am trying to use any of the additional switches to add delay, reverb or whatever other setting assigned to top 4 switches it is coming back to original. It happens after 10 or 15 minutes of normal use. In the worse scenario I can not use Tuner because it is keep on switching back to preset A.

I used monkey to reload flash and it did not change anything. I am using normal guitar and variax. I was thinking that maybe my variax cable is making that error but it is not the case.

Please help solve this problem. Right now HD 500x is completely useless.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Wozynsky, did you get this resolved?

Same problem here. I went to the recording studio today, and after about an hour of normal operation, the switches started behaving oddly. Whenever I tried to switch to a different preset, the POD returned to the preset on FS6. No matter what setlist I tried. It got worse and worse: after a while, I even couldn't go into the tuner, or go into the system menu, because it keeps switching instantly to FS6. 

When I arrived home tonight and connected the POD, it worked normal again!! Very frustrating: when I want to bring it back to the store for warranty replacement, it will probably be working normally....

• Upvote 1

I exactly have the same problem with you. Sometimes my HD500X is stuck in preset A, I can not change anything or open the tuner etc... Or it switches itself to preset A when I am on some other preset. Sometimes it works perfectly and no problems happen... I am crazy about this problem as I have no warranty left... Could you be able to solve this problem?

Hi there,

I am using HD 500x for about half a year. The problem started week ago. I am using ABCD mode for switching presets.

When I switched for B,C or D preset it automatically is switching back to preset A and I can not switch to any other preset. Even when I am using preset A and I am trying to use any of the additional switches to add delay, reverb or whatever other setting assigned to top 4 switches it is coming back to original. It happens after 10 or 15 minutes of normal use. In the worse scenario I can not use Tuner because it is keep on switching back to preset A.

I used monkey to reload flash and it did not change anything. I am using normal guitar and variax. I was thinking that maybe my variax cable is making that error but it is not the case.

Hi there,

Same problem with my HD500x - to the point where I couldn't control it at all.   In working with support, they are allowing me to send it in for warrantee repair even though it is slightly outside the 1 year time frame.  I would encourage you to work on getting the problem resolved - it's not a firmware or cabling issue - it's more serious than that - definitely hardware related.  And it looks like this bug is showing up more and more in the forum with varying levels of severity.  Good luck!

Brian

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.....

...Please help solve this problem. Right now HD 500x is completely useless.

Hello, my dear friend! I ran into the same problem a month suffer. firmware update may solve the problem? several times the processor is faulty work on my speech. waiting for an answer, my friends

if someone has solved the problem, write me an email, I will be very grateful akbaev.k@gmail.com

P/s: Guys, I'm really confused

I live far outside the United States and we have Line6 service center and I would like to solve this problem in another way, but do not return the goods to the store, it is very difficult and expensive :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I took it to Line6 repair service, and it turned out that the footswitch of the 2nd patch was not working properly/kept hanging. They replaced the footswitch, and they also replaced 5 other 5 switches, because the were not properly clicking when being pressed....

Now, it works like new. I hope for longer than 4 months....

• Upvote 1

I have the same issues.  I videoed it with my phone tonight, but there is no way to upload it here as far as I can see.

Line 6 in the USA are being painful.  I bought it from the USA, as there were none available in Australia, they were on back order and were a few more weeks away from arriving.  Line 6 are saying I have to pay both to send it to the USA and return it to myself.  

Every problem listed above here started happening right from the get go out of the box.  Now it is to the point I have to go back to using ordinary guitars, stomp boxes and a valve amp for gigs, because this piece of Shyte is unworkable.   

I will upload the footage onto my facebook page, so have a looksey  facebook.com/kenmcmahonsx

My 500x had this problem , yes the junk switches Line 6 uses are bad and need replaced ,, mine after 6 months (3 of them ) And yes warranty covered the labor and parts but not the 40 dollars shipping to get it to the nearest service center, which of course cam out of my pocket just like the original 500 plus tax I paid for the Piece of &^% . BEing sold and replaced ASAP  . Way to go Line 6 , My XT LIVE has had speakers dropped on it , people have fallen on it , miss used and abused ...has never missed a beat ,, my 500x has to be wrapped in bubble wrap , and carried like an egg.  Very Disappointed.

I am glad I bought a used HD500.No problems with anything on it and I use it a lot outside in the 100 plus degree heat.I did have an M13 switching problem but fixed that myself.The switches in all of these newer multi-effect pedals should only be tapped and I am very gentle with them. My Roland GR55 and Boss GT10 however can have the crap stomped out of them with no problems.I shall avoid the HD500X!

Bit of a bugger the 500X footswitches are turning out to be a degrade rather than the upgrade they were supposed to be. But seems warranty is handling the issue.

I haven't had a prob with my HD500  in the two years I have owned it.

Still lovin it both for the occasional gigs and at home in the studio. 

• 5 months later...

Hi, i have the same problem with my hd 300. So i've been reading the answers and maybe i have to open the Pod an change the button that is not working? but wait, there is an other weird thing...When I connected the Pod to my computer in i'm using the line6 Edit, the effect goes to an other even if i did not press any button. I hope somebody help us with that problem. I think it is a software problem...

• 1 year later...

The problem is back again with my device: footswitches changing on their own! 

I had this issue in 2014, when the POD was 4 month old. Now it is 2 years old and the tuner switches on and off unexpectedly while playing. Very annoying when playing a live set! 

I will have to bring it to repair again.... last time they replaced 6 foot switches.... The biggest bummer for me is that I will have to be without my POD for an unknown amount of weeks! Again. It's like line6 forces me to buy a second POD, just as back-up, when the first one is in repair....

I'm afraid my next FX device will not be from line6 anymore, because their standards for reliablility don't meet mine!

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I've had my HD500x for a little under three years and tonight switches A, B, C, and D along with their lights stopped working all of a sudden. It would get stuck on one of the presets and it wouldn't allow me to switch to another. For example, it was stuck on A and I couldn't switch to B by stepping on B. What was also strange is that in some presets, FS5-8 were inexplicably assigned to various effects and amps. For example, I was in preset C and switches A and B (FS5 & FS6) were lit and somehow assigned to effects.

There is a work around, but it's annoying. I can use one of the bank selector switches (the "down arrow" for instance) to show the entire bank from A-D and I can switch from there. However, this involves stepping on two switches (the "down arrow" and the target preset) for it to work.

I will take it in to have it looked at, but this is really discouraging two weeks before a gig.

press and hold the VIEW button on the device to access the system setting...

and revert back to ABCD the FS MODE by using the knob n. 1

THANK YOU!!! I'm such an idiot.

But now my question: How in the world did I get to that point? I swear all I did was use the tuner after plugging in and had the problem when I tried to access one of the presets. This isn't a foot-controllable change, is it?