Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Native + Live 11; dont even try!

PierM

This morning I grabbed the 90days fully functional trial of Ableton Live11, and loaded my typical preset; 1 Native session, plus a bunch of valhalla VSTs. Got a constant CPU overload, random spikes and terrible performances.

Back to Live 10, where the same preset gives me 70% of constant CPU headroom.

Not sure it's Native fault. Performances are terrible even without it.

Just to let you know; dont waste your time trying Native in Live 11, LOL.

6 hours ago, PierM said:

Just to let you know; dont waste your time trying Native in Live 11, LOL.

Thanks.

I have never been too big a fan of Ableton Live, although I got a bundled version when I changed my master MIDI keyboard a few years back. I guess I only ever used it a couple of times, so now it’s just taking up space on one of my drives, along with several other DAWs that I use to check out HX Native for issue that people post on here.

I think I will stick with Logic Pro X.

While Live 11 does seem to have slightly higher CPU usage than 10 did, for me it's working fine, and Helix Native in particular doesn't seem any different from under Live 10.

I was a beta tester for 11, and THAT was pretty bad, with lots of CPU spikes. But under the release version, everything is purring along pretty well here.

3 hours ago, huzzam said:

While Live 11 does seem to have slightly higher CPU usage than 10 did, for me it's working fine, and Helix Native in particular doesn't seem any different from under Live 10.

I was a beta tester for 11, and THAT was pretty bad, with lots of CPU spikes. But under the release version, everything is purring along pretty well here.

In my case totally the opposite, but as for everything in software developing, with abstraction layers with new hardware vs old, all is still relative to the machines used as a core platform to develope, test and debug. I mean, we build new cars for today roads..

In my case, my old laptop keeps rocking with previous bumps of DAWs, while starts struggling with latest bumps, to do exactly the same tasks. This is how lollipop software (and hardware) market works....:)

• 1 month later...

Hi!

A bit off topic but related.

Why my native plugin appears with its window cropped in Live?

I can't resize the window, I can't resize native itself. I only get the left portion of the window so its totally unusable in live for me.

Thanks.

On 4/19/2021 at 2:02 PM, ppoceiro said:

Hi!

A bit off topic but related.

Why my native plugin appears with its window cropped in Live?

I can't resize the window, I can't resize native itself. I only get the left portion of the window so its totally unusable in live for me.

Thanks.

Not exactly “off topic”, but it might be beneficial to also those same questions in an Ableton User Group See if anyone one there has anything that may provide a solution.

Hope this helps/makes sense.