Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Finally found my people...

Funny how music takes people in different directions.  I participate in a number of music forums, but all of them appeal to certain aspects of the craft, and I find that I don't fit in equally well everywhere.

On recording forums I'm the odd man because I prefer live performance...

on song writer's forums I'm the odd man because I like to play cover songs...

on cover song forums, I'm the odd man because usually people are playing their version, while I'm trying to reproduce the original sound...

on live streaming sites I'm the odd man because everybody else shows up with a mic and an acoustic, while I have backing tracks and MIDI controlled everything...

on band sites I'm the odd man because I play solo...

on pedal board sites I'm the odd man because I don't like stomping on pedals, I like MIDI control...

This is the first forum I've joined where it seems like a high number of people are doing what I'm doing: buying gear for the express purpose of recreating sounds from thousands of original recordings.. and controlling the complexity with MIDI.  We're a small niche of the musical webosphere, but I can tell already there is a lot of knowledge here, and I think this forum is the best fit for me.

I look forward to getting to know y'all.