Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Native won't recall input levels. Am I missing something?

PierM

I'm using latest Native with Ableton Live Lite 10, with a Scarlett 6i6. I've managed to match my Helix Rack tone, just going with a DI to LINE IN instead using INST level (whish they'd implement that auto impedance algorithm), plus a -6dB at the Native input, to prevent a too early amp breakin. It's working pretty good for me, especially because I don't care of high gain stuff.... Now the problem is that looks like Native isn't saving the input level I set, so every time I load my Live preset, I have to drop the Native input to -6dB, again and again... which is annoying.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to force Native to keep IN levels settings?

tnx!

47 minutes ago, phil_m said:

The input and output fader positions aren’t saved as part of the Native preset. They’re saved as part of the plug-in settings for your DAW session.

In the case of Live, they are not. Tried saving many times as part of the Live session, but they do reset to 0dB every time I re-open it.

Just now, PierM said:

In the case of Live, they are not. Tried saving many times as part of the Live session, but they do reset to 0dB every time I re-open it.

Oh, really? I missed that part. In Reaper they stay where they are when you save the project.

7 hours ago, phil_m said:

Oh, really? I missed that part. In Reaper they stay where they are when you save the project.

Yeah, really couldn't find a way to keep that setting.

Now, wondering if placing a -6dB gain block, as a very first block in my path, is doing the same as reducing at the main input stage.... Tone wise, I couldn't tell the difference between -6B at the input stage, or as a -6dB gain block..... so might be my way to go. (?)

I thought all modern DAWs saved plug-in settings. Logic Pro X saves the Native input and output level settings, along with all of the other settings. Could there be a bug in that version of Live? Maybe others have complained on Ableton forums?

5 hours ago, soundog said:

I thought all modern DAWs saved plug-in settings. Logic Pro X saves the Native input and output level settings, along with all of the other settings. Could there be a bug in that version of Live? Maybe others have complained on Ableton forums?

Live does indeed recall any plugin setup, same for Native. It's just the in/out levels in Native that keeps resetting to 0dB. Everything else does reload as when you saved the session.