Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Apple Big Sur

HOPEBA

Any news on the compatibility of Line6 software with Apple Big Sur (MacOS11)?  Just purchased a Helix, and with it coming with a free download of Native, I don't want to waste my 1 download on my HP computer.  I'm about to phase that thing out...  Looks like I have until April 15 to download it.

Well, first off you aren’t limited to one download of Native. You can download it at as many times as you want. You can have it installed and authorized on up to four computers simultaneously, so there’s no issue with installing it on multiple machines.

As far as Big Sur, Native currently runs on it, but there are some issues. On my M1 Mac Mini, it runs, but the UI is pretty laggy. Eventually, there will be a version that’s fully compatible with Big Sur. It should be pretty soon.

Appreciate the help, that's good to know, because the document that pops up from Guitar Center's website "download rebate" clearly says, "Limit one (1) download of Helix Native per customer."  Just wanted to make sure I don't lock myself into a bad download.  Without having a timeline on an updated software patch for MacOS11, wasn't sure how long I'd have to wait to use it.  Kind of wanted to get it going immediately, but if it still works, I should be good.  Part of the reason I waited to buy the Helix, was that I'd heard it was going to come with a free full download of Native.

9 minutes ago, HOPEBA said:

Well, now I'm wondering...it says, "Limit one (1) download..." on THIS website as well.

Where is that showing up? The thing is you’ll have to re-download Native to install the updated versions in the future, so there’s really no way they’re actually talking about the actual download. Anyone with a Line 6 account can download Native through the site. It’s authorized after the fact when you sign into your account. I think they’re probably getting at the fact that the discount for the free Native license can only be used once. If you sell your Helix, the person who buys it doesn’t get a free version of Native.

1 hour ago, HOPEBA said:

Click this link and read the disclaimers at the bottom.  That has to be what they're talking about...using the code more than once.  As many times as people have to reinstall software because of computer issues, it wouldn't be a selling point to add it for free.

https://line6.com/account/promos/free_native/

I’m actually not 100% sure what that means, but I’m certain it doesn’t mean you’re limited to only downloading the installation package one time. You can download that until the cows come home... It may be saying that the free download can’t be transferred as I mentioned above, or it might be saying that you don’t get two free licenses if you buy two Helixes.

• Upvote 1