Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Integration of HX hardware to control Helix Native (Ableton/Pro Tools)

huzzam

Hi everyone,

I'm a longtime HX Effects user, and would like to use the HXFX to control Native in the same way as I do for the hardware effects. I'm finding this very cumbersome & slow.

For example, in Ableton I've had to first individually map each CC Toggle / Expression value to a "switch" in the plugin's "configure" interface, and if I want one switch to control multiple things (easy on HXFX), I have to assign it to multiple "switches" in "configure". THEN I have to map these switches to the switches inside the Helix Native plugin itself.

This wouldn't be so bad if I just had to do it once, but there is seemingly no way to SAVE these mappings anywhere. So I have to continually RE-DO all this, which means it takes ~20 minutes just to insert the plugin.

Is there any way to integrate HXN with HXFX better, so that the switches/expression pedals in the plugin itself are mapped (and these mappings are saved)? There's that enticing "MIDI In" indicator bottom right in the plugin, which implies there must be a way for the plugin to directly receive MIDI, but I've never figured this out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!