Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

amp switching within preset

tomatoes72

I'm trying to figure out if I have 2 amps in a preset if I can assign a footswitch to switch between the two like you would a 2 channel amp.  I don't see an a/b switcher in the effects.   Or would I assign both amps to 1 footswitch turning one on and one off as I press it?    

18 hours ago, tomatoes72 said:

I'm trying to figure out if I have 2 amps in a preset if I can assign a footswitch to switch between the two like you would a 2 channel amp.  I don't see an a/b switcher in the effects.   Or would I assign both amps to 1 footswitch turning one on and one off as I press it?    

In your question there is already the answer.

Assign both amp models to the same footswitch, before saving the patch turn off manually only one of them.

Once the patch is saved when you press the assigned FS the current state on/off of each of the 2 models will change, switching off the one that was on, and on the one that was off.

There is also a different method, (in this case leaving both amp models turned on) ie by putting the Pan block (assigned to the pedal) after the mixer block.
Then by changing the pedal position from min to max only one of the 2 amp models will be heard.

A third way is by assigning the output volumes of both amp models to the pedal and setting them so that as the volume of one increases the volume of the other decreases.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got the switching working. When I hit FS1 line A amp

(dirty) turns on and Line B amp (clean) turns off and vice versa.  however when I’m on my tread plate amp on line A, I still am getting what seems to be a clean signal beneath the dirty tone.  The interface shows line B off.  But when I go into the mixer and turn down the fader on line B it goes away.  What am I missing? 

it's scattered across the boards if you search for specifics - 

it has to do with, turning an amp off doesn't actually turn it off, it puts it more into a bypass mode where the signal is still passing through but without the amp

11 hours ago, tomatoes72 said:

I’ve got the switching working. When I hit FS1 line A amp

(dirty) turns on and Line B amp (clean) turns off and vice versa.  however when I’m on my tread plate amp on line A, I still am getting what seems to be a clean signal beneath the dirty tone.  The interface shows line B off.  But when I go into the mixer and turn down the fader on line B it goes away.  What am I missing? 

When you turn off an amp model a new parameter appears in place of the amp channel volume, ie the bypass volume. Turn it down to zero.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All about POD HD500/X

help and useful tips