Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Boot Failure

leonard530

10 hours ago, leonard530 said:

I see many threads on this topic, and unfortunately nothing has worked for me.  I've downloaded the Line6 Updater, gone to offline mode and selected the update, but no matter what I do it fails to update and stays stuck on the Boot Failure.  Any other ideas?

Hi,

Raise a ticket with Customer Support, but they would possibly like a lot more information than you have supplied here.

Hope this helps/makes sense.

Hi Leonard 530,

I had the same problem, including first bluescreen ever on my I7-Notebook WHILE firmware update was in progress - the Helix was brandnew and ran for the first time.

After getting back my blood pressure to measurable values, the Helix was not able to boot anymore. So I called the Line6 support (in Germany ;-) ) and was told to switch off the unit, then push "Mode" and "TAP" switches together and keep them pushed while switching on the unit again. Then the Line6-updater should be started. Not the Hx Edit - this program should not run while this procedure.

The updater detected my unit immediately and continued the firmware update. After the update was completed, the Helix LT can be reset to factury settings by: switch it off, press the two lower "B" and "C" switches same time and keep it pushed while switching the Helix on again. Then wait until reset is finished.

Best wishes

Fossiebaer_1