tjbassoon

Having trouble with CV out or Amp control

I am running the Helix Floor and the TC Helicon Voicelive 3 in the same rig. The Voicelive 3 has an external pedal option for either a 3 button switch (TRS, like any 3 button amp switcher) or a 6 button switch (that operates on CV values with different resistors in the pedal for each switch). In both cases the switches the Voicelive expects are simply momentary. Can't remember if they're normally open or normally closed switches, and that's probably the crux of my issue.

So I'm trying to see if I can get the Helix to produce at least the 3 button switch behavior, but ideally I'd have settings figured out to provide any of the 6 button switch configurations outputs through the CV out on the Helix. On the Amp Ext out I can get the Tip and Ring to work, but the T+R switch also activates one of the other buttons on release of the Helix switch. Similar problems with the CV out, and I'm having a tough time finding the values that the Helix should send to the Voicelive to get it to react consistently. Ultimately what happens is one thing happens on press, and another happens on release. I have tried setting them both up as latched and momentary, and both are problematic (and momentary should be the behavior that works).

I suspect the TRS emulation is the most possible to get to work, but I might need to try a different way of switching. Is there a way to get the Helix to emulate NC switches instead of NO for the CV out? Why does the Amp Ext also do something on release of the switch?

Anyone else have trouble like this they've worked through or have ideas on what I can try?

First off I'd try assigning CV out to the pedal, that way you can rock the pedal and figure out and take notes of the % ranges that apply to the 6 Voicelive switches.

Once you have those numbers you can try assigning them to footswitches as the "lit" value, try the dim value as 0 or 100% to see what works best.

It's possible that 100% would be the best default if you're trying to emulate a resistor network.

• Like 1

That was really what I needed, I just needed a little insight to push me in the right direction. Setting the dim value to 100 and adjusting the lit value was the key. Got it working exactly as intended now.