Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Best way to block the tremolo on a JTV-69

I have no use use for the tremolo so I'm trying to figure out the easiest way to lock it down. I've seen the various hardware solutions (ex. Tremol-No etc) but I really think I'd rather just use one or two wooden blocks.

Unfortunately, I'm not a carpenter and I can't even get the proper measurements for the blocks' sizes.

I'm hoping someone has done this before and can tell me what size the block/s should be and where precisely to put them.

Disneyland performers for the Mad Hatter Tea Party show a couple years back, used little wood blocks in their JTV-69 guitars.

Well placed to do he job and out of the way of the workings in general. It did the job rather well. When they returned the guitars,

I pulled the blocks, checked the set-up and electronics,... all was good.

The wood blocking does alright, just be aware of how fits in here.

LOL,... maybe, but it was effective.

After I went through them, I kept the blocks in a cup, the guitars with their very Disney special custom artwork, 

were auctioned off at a youth music education benefit charity. We're into that sort of thing.